I heard there was a great superpipe up at Ishiuchi Maruyama in Niigata this season. Mogski was afraid to go into it with his Pocket Rockets!

Well the Core Games were supposed to be up there this weekend. I wonder if they really actually happened with all this rain and warm weather..? Anybody know anything?

We were thinking of ditching work and heading up on Wednesday or Thursday this week, to spend the day riding and hiking the pipe...but only if it is open and viable, and not a kind of giant interactive sno-cone.

Anybody know anything?

badmigraine

We have just called the resort to find out. Seems the central pipe is open until the 7th of this Month (ie Sunday).

Conditions? Hmm. Haven't been to the resort recently, but the bottom half of the resort is looking very brown this morning with fairly large gaps in the snow that is left....

[This message has been edited by Ski Japan Guide (edited 01 April 2002).]

Ishiuchi's pipe.

Bigger pipe near Park.

Still open - Good shape ('cos we used for Xgame winter, many pro-boarder said good shape) but quite durty. Plus, there are BIG hall & RIVER near the half pipe....

Smaller pipe -

still open, I haven't check yesterday so I have no idea. but It looks okay.

Ishiuchi Maruyama - the bottom of Slope is kinda hard to ride, 'cos you can see soil almost everywhere...

Top part was a snow a little bit so better to stay in Top part.