Hit Happo today and it was great. Temps were real warm with just skiing in the fleece vest and mucho sun tan lotion. Probably the last day to ski down to the gondola though. There is still quite a bit of snow up top about 2m+ or so. Plenty of sun, great turns in the hero snow, and some tall Asahi's made the day perfect.

Since it is my first year skiing here - when do some of the bigger resorts close. Looking to maybe head up to Nozawa the following weekend and wondering how much snow they will have left. So - I'm looking for the scoop on where the best spring skiing is - gotta love the spring skiing - no crowds, nice soft snow, long days of sun, etc....

I left my sunroof wide open today in the Hakuba 47 carpark. It was close to 20 degrees in the village.

The bottom of Iwatake was looking very muddy in places early last week. Some bald spots have just appeared on the Iimori (Mos burger) side of Goryu, but other than that no problems at 47/Goryu.

Arai was well-covered when I was there last week. Just avoid the bottom and the winding courses because they're very flat and are a nightmare with heavy snow. Some of the locals were still getting good air in the pipe, which looked in very good nick.

As an aside, Arai is using a wacky sticky label ticket this year, and since I don't have any zips on the cheapo boarding pants my mother got me in Next (UK), I had to attach mine to my flies. Definitely a first!

If higher places are better in the spring, maybe you could try Yokoteyama at Shiga Kogen. Boarders are still banned, so I won't be going, but I think it's the highest of the Nagano resorts.

[This message has been edited by NoFakie (edited 01 April 2002).]