Maybe a stupid Q to those in the know but the temps are the same out there. R there any real differences except for the colours - snowboard = drab and lifeless, ski = OTT and gaudy, all except for my bright orange jaffa jacket of which I'm immensely proud and want to wear it more often (not 'coz of the colour, but 'coz the only place I'd wear it wld be on the slopes).

By the way, is this it? Is it time for Frankie? (And now, the end is near....).

Where will you all be for the next 7 or 8 months? No more Ocean (doesn't he look like Ali G in that piccie?), NoFakie, Mogsi, Rach, Barok, Britgob etc? You guys don't know me from Adam and I've certainly not posted as much as you but you've been there. Letting me know that s/o out there has more freetime to board and post than me.

Adios

I will be here, Sharon - where you goin'?

I'm sure many of the regulars will be too.

As for the fashions - dunno. Not very bright today, sorry!

Snowboarders used to wear a lot of dayglo back in the Craig Kelly/Shaun Palmer era (maybe 10-12 years ago). That's if all the pics I've seen are anything to go by.

If you've got deep pockets Sharon, the best colours to have are the primary yellows, reds and blues of the proper mountain gear manufacturers like The North Face and Patagonia. You won't win a fashion contest but those companies use the best materials. A lot of backcountry folk swear by them.