I know this is off-topic...but I figured there might be some good knowledge in here...

anybody done all or parts of the shikoku 88 sacred temple pilgramige...i'm thinking of checking out a SHORT section during golden week...just looking for advice, if there is any to be had...

thanks,

danz

What d'you want to know? I know several people who have done it, either all at once on foot, or in sections by car. A bucho at my last company took a month off to walk it, and had throbbing feet for another two months afterwards - a most unpleasant sensation apparently.

The section around the south east corner is said to be tough and boring, if you're going under your own steam. You see a few people cycling - probably the best compromise between getting sore feet and cheating by going in a car.

Golden Week in Shikoku is HOT. Prepare to sweat, and burn.

thanks...

I don't have much time, so I want to find something that will amuse me for a few days...

when i consult with most japanese collegues of mine they usually end up pointing me to the most touristy areas of japan...i wondered if some people in here like to get off the beaten track and have discovered some gems down in shikoku...

doesn't have to be the 88 temples...anything is all good...

danz

Imabari and the islands north east of Imabari are supposed to be very attractive. Someone I know went cycling there having thought it especially nice doing the 88 temples. Judging by current temperatures, you might even be able to go in the sea.