health plan that covers snowboarding injuries ?

Yep Ive got one.

You can get a policy to cover just snowboarding.

I had to get one to enter a japan snowboard association event.

Just go to a snowboard shop thats hooked up with the JSBA and they can fix you up with a policy in the shop, it takes about five minutes and costs about 3000yen.

I have insurance that covers injury and death to yourself, and injury and death to your snowboard anywhere on the trip. That's right, if I happen to place my old and limp board on a steep curb on the way to Hakuba and drive over it by accident thus breaking it in half, I get paid to buy a new one. It costs 6,000 yen per year. I think the injury part may even cover third parties.

It would be good if this also covered skate injuries as I'm probably going to get a Tierney Ride board soon. Anybody know about insurance that covers any old crazy downhill pursuits, irrespective of the means?

Most private health policies seem to cover ski and snowboard injuries as long as they are within resort bounds. Outside that, falls under the dangerous sports clause. Yet to find coverage for that, so stuck with the option of crawling to the nearest road and claiming hit and run.

this request needs to go out to nihongo speaking mountaineers. I think in Britain, the best danger sport insurance comes from the likes of the BMC (brit mountaineering council). I wonder, if one were to peruse the mags of similar organisations in Japan, similar deals might be had if one became a member of said organisation(s).