Yep. I've been in Japan going on 11 years, 9 of them completely wasted. I also wasted my first year in Nagano.

Actually though, snowboarding wouldn't have been nearly so much fun in the early days due to the crowds of skiers, and hostile resorts.

There are five resorts in Scotland. Theres some alright terrain at Nevis Range and Glencoe, but it all depends on the snow. Some years its good other years its nonexistent.For example this year has been laughably crap but the year befor was really good I heard and in 1995 you could ski until June22 at Cairngorm. Also even in a good year a decent mid season snowpack can be wiped off the face of the mountain by a week of warm south westerlys . That said I've had some awesome days up there. Probably the best was the time I hiked to the top of Cairngorm from the top lift and descended the headwall above the clouds in knee deep pow as the sunset. . . its all in the timing!

check out www.ski.visitscotland.com

or www.winternet-scotland.co.uk

Scotland interests me. Again, even though you may think so from my name, I'm not British. But Scotland always interests me. I think its the story of the fried battered Mars bar that is so intriguing. Must go someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland doesnt interest me at all from a winter sports p-o-v. Give me southern European places anyday.

I have been a lot in France, Italy and Austria when I was younger.