Hey all...

Just wondering if anyone ever uses Sunnies instead of Googles in Japan??

Here in Australia you tend to use googles only on the "near" whiteout days and sunnies the rest of the time...

Just wondering... whats your preferance and why?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only goggles i have are with clear lenses, thus for night skiing or in low light conditions.

so i usually go with my arnettes sunnies during the day.

however, i will get around to buying some goggles before the season starts.

Recommend both and bring them both. Have the goggles for the snow and somewhat flat light days. Ski with sunglasses on the other days especially when it is sunny. Only time I wear goggles when it is sunny is when it is bitter cold out there.

Goggles for riding for protection from tress and branches. Sunglasses for hike up - to keep goggles from fogging up.

Once in Togakushi BC, I forgot to put my goggles to travers for a few minuts, bamm! a tree branch hit my eye lid. Just a bloody eye, thank got I still have my vision.

zebedee, perhaps you jest, but last year I saw lots of goggles with built-in fans at the top. You have to put batteries in to power the fans.

My first season boarding, with glasses, cheap goggles, and lots of digging out and prying myself off the deck was a nightmare from the vision point of view. Two layers of misting and falling snow result in very poor visibility.

OO, but that encourages the show pony and the ongoing self promoting 'I love myself and so should everyone else because I think I am a sexy woman and you are all desperate men' attitude. It is like a scratched record.

(I must say, I did find the post by OO rather funny)

Easy guys. Everyone adds their unique touch to the forum. Echineko is the frisky one. Cheeseman is the weird but likable one. S_F_G is the rowdy one. BagOfCrisps/2Pints,mate is the split personality posting to himself one. And Ocean is the...drunk one? \:\) That's what makes us such a happy family and what makes reading this forum such fun.

As for the goggles fogging question...If you have quality lenses they will be treated with special anti-fog material. My Oakley A-Frames don't fog even on the breathiest hikes. That's why you should never wipe the inside of your goggles.

ok i'll bring both...

What brands do you guygs Recommend im thinking bout getting new googles mine are 80's they were my sisters...

so im currently using

Why (sunnys)

and Smith Googles.

i was thinking Black flys googles?

OK, so what are you supposed to do when the 'special' anti-fog material fogs up? Wait? Or wipe the fog off?

Reminds me of a certain American who says to me "Y'know you should never, ever touch the inside of your goggles. Hey, are your goggles double lenses like mine?" Grabs my goggles, pinches the lense to see how thick it is, and puts a nice, permanent thumbprint right in the middle of the glass. Thanks mate.

Well, I'm off for a drink now.

Beautiful!

Ocean, I guess the answer would be...buy new lenses??

In order to really keep your lenses in perfect shape if your gogs fall off and snow gets in them you are supposed to pick out the big chunks and just wait until lenses are again dry.

...or you can just keep them perfect by leaving them in the package they came in.

Quote:
OO, but that encourages the show pony and the ongoing self promoting 'I love myself and so should everyone else because I think I am a sexy woman and you are all desperate men' attitude. It is like a scratched record.
That is not so nice and not true.
mad.gif