• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow and orange lenses are horrible. However good they may be for revealing the terrain, I can't stand looking at the winter wonderland in those mega-fake colours. There's an aesthetic involved in here, and those colours don't go with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha, after prating on about horrible yellow lenses are, I dug my gogglies out the box, and bugger me, I find they're ... yellow. Damn, now I'm gonna look at the beautiful white snow and it's gonna be all yellow.

I'll have that Coldplay song playing in my head all the time...

• 1 month later...

I dug my 8 year old Oakley O frames out the other day and the lenses are all cracked... so I'll have to get some new gogs also.

What's the difference between O frame and A frame, (Oakley) just the size/shape?

Also, I still have a pair of Ray Ban glasses with protectors for the sides to keep the glare out. Good vision, but metal makes it a little heavy on the face..... I prefer plastic. I might use some other sunnies I have instead.

10cm diamater avaiator clip ons with the good ol stars and stripes on them - Im the coolest - I have a problem getting people to talk to me - maby they are intimidated by my coolness - yeah!!

OpTop.gif

I used to until today, huge wipeout on the hills, big hurt, crushed sunnies.

I wish I could see it on video though, would have looked very spectacular I reckon ;\)

I tried wrap-arounds last time I went boarding and they steamed up worse than goggles. They also allowed lots of burning cold snow in when I planted my face in a drift.

I hear that many people are going to the eye-hospital in Japan these days complaining of sore eyes - turns out they are all skiers or boarders who don't have proper goggles and who have UV-damaged eyes.

Sunnies? Just say No.

Ocean - quit wrecking! That would solve your problems. I've been wearing sunglasses for over 10 years now. I've never had a problem with snow blindness or UV damage. I usually only wear them in the spring though. I like goggles a lot better.

Plucky, I huff and puff enough to blow down a little piggy's house, and just doing my bindings up is usually enough to steam up my goggles. I try to hold my breath, but it rarely works.

With glasses, the steam gets in much easier, so I ended up riding with them in my pocket for most of the day I tried them. Mean-looking axe glogs they are too, it's a real shame.