• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love big drops on nice big pow days. Board though. It's really not to bad if it's soft snow. I think a big part of it is mental.

Sounds like there's not too much opportunity for that in Japan, unless you want to risk getting your ticket pulled, eh?

You can usually find great cliffs if you look hard enough. 2 - 10 meters is generally safe. and yeah, it`s alot of fun, probably one of my favorite things to do, but . . . It is murder on your knees - always make sure you land on a decline, or you will feel the crunch. I did more damage to my knees during last season then the rest of my life combined. \:\(

Surely there must be some price to pay for this derring-do? Unless they're landing on near vertical, their knees must take a bashing (but then these boys will no doubt be trying to find the biggest curb to jump in their wheelchairs at 40).

Not as bad as it looks. like someone alluded to before, it is all mental. BUT...the landing has to be good or you are screwed. You need some pitch to land on - usually 25 degrees and above for the bigger hits. Mogski, that second pic reminds me of some drops off the backside of Hachimantai. If anyone knows how to post mpgs on here, I can show you. I'm all about the big air! Only got my ticket pulled once last year for skiing out of bounds. What the hell is up with that in Japan?