Naeba was decent when I went there, quite a few slopes open, lots of dudes hanging out - there was some concert on there too, can't remember who it was, some Japanese lady

• 2 weeks later...

Geihoku Kokusai oens on Friday night and closes on Sunday night well it did two years ago when I lived there.

They close parts of the runs for grooming but the lifts run all night for two nights.

Good fun actually....

• 3 months later...

I've never actually been myself but I've seen it and heard about it - Ishiuichi Maruyama in Shiozawa near Yuzawa. It looks great, need to try it out sometime.

i`m baised, but i`d have to say niseko hirafu.

a cuppla weeks ago i was fortunate enough to witness a rare phenomenon indeed. we (some members of Team Rapido) were riding tha lift at night when we saw these strange lights all ova tha place. when we got off tha lift, we saw some fellow punters who were also looking on in awe. it was like these bolts of gold light were shooting up from the ground- full on gold they were and sooo beautiful! we thought they were reflecting from a nearby resort, or were promotional lights, uno, like tha ones you see at openings of new businesses.

it was then revealed that they were in fact tha `Northern lights`. first time i` eva seen `em.

TOTARRRY AWWWSOME!

just thought i`d share that with yas.

nah, no photos, just memories. full on, like bolts of gold light. similar to something you`d expect to see behind a rocket. too busy enjoying tha pow in tha OONE trees. i dont think photos would do it justice anyway.

and tha guy who alerted us as to what it was, was a pro. rider from oz- shae paxton. he`d seen them on a prior occasion in his travels in N.A. so there`S no doubt about what they were.

i hope youse all get to see em one day \:\)