Pairs, quads, gondola, ropeway, teleporting systems.....

I like quads, quiet but fast and smooth for the most part. I have single lifts, take forever them damn things.

anything besides tee bars!

I got the sh!ts so bad with falling off the tee bars i WALKED up the mountain....

just ask drew he'll tell ya!

I really like the sound of the gondala they sound Awsome cant wait to try one of them....

we have mainly quad and double chairs with really ruff landings like were you get off some you drop to the ground and some you have to skate along a narrow gap bout oh.... 1 metre wide for 2 people!

Im hanging for japans gondalas.....

beware if you ever come to australia of the dreaded TEE BARS! or i hear J Bars are even worse!

I hate quads with covers. Where I go it's never cold enough to merit covers, and I don't like squinting out at the world through scratched and clouded plastic covered with warning stickers.

Hoiking the thing out of the way is a hassle, and if other people have been brave enough to get on with you, they're usually busy saying, "Yokatta! Attakai!" so you can't really raise the cover.

Sitting on a double having a good yak with a mate is the best.

A pommie (or J-bar as Sam correctly called it) is one of those god aweful lfts that you put between your legs. Because the "pommie" is placed between your legs it makes it near impossible to ride these lifts on a baord. Most of the lefties over here will not let you on the pommies if you are on a board, but there are only a couple and they dont really provide an extra access to the mountain.

From what i hear they are few and far between over there.

are the gondalas the same as a cable car??

mmm... that will be a nice change to the australia crappy quads with a nice big drop at the bottom with a pile of people stacked and you have to stack on top of them....

or better than the pretty valley double chairs that swing you around like nothing else and then have to land on a 1 mtr wide bit of snow with wood either side... i found the easiest way off to be by stacking...

* it also helps to remember to take the bar keeping you in to pop it up so your not stuck in the chair.... woopies! *

Gondolas hold 4-6 people seated and another 5 or so standing. Cable cars (called 'ropeway' in Japlish) are bigger and hold 50 or more. Better than sticking a pole up yer bum and getting dragged up the slope, no doubt about that.

mmm... foot rests are good but....

im goofy and drew is natural so if i sit on the wrong side of him we get our boards hooked together and it gets very anoying cause one can catch on top of the other when ya hop off....

and then a certain someone uses me as a pushing post!!

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
A pommie (or J-bar as Sam correctly called it) is one of those god aweful lfts that you put between your legs. Because the "pommie" is placed between your legs it makes it near impossible to ride these lifts on a baord.
those are the things with the circular base right?
if so, the remedy is to put it under your trailing armpit, so that the base is pushing against your rear shoulder,
but dont they only have those things on the learners slopes?
(if im talking about something totally different, my bad.)

anyone ever ridden a nut-cracker?
 Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freaks_girl:
mmm... foot rests are good but....

im goofy and drew is natural so if i sit on the wrong side of him we get our boards hooked together and it gets very anoying cause one can catch on top of the other when ya hop off....

and then a certain someone uses me as a pushing post!!
when ever i ride a lift with my brother who skis i always board right over his skis when we hop off. cool.gif

Ocean - get a CamelBack. Those things rock for filling up with water. Mine is 70 ounces and usually put one down a day regardless on the temperature outside.

As for the lifts - I would have to say chairs with footrests are the best. Leading the pack is the Single Chair at Mad River Glen in Vermont back in the States. Nothing like a 20 minute ride up that boy when it is freezing out there. Sometimes they even give you blankets when it is way cold.

obento - yeah they do tend to have circular plug like bases. I have never seen anyone ride with it in their armpit though, much smarter than putting it between your legs!!! Whats your definition of a "nut-cracker"?? A t-bar???

Sam - i sooooo don't use you as a push off post, not my fault your slow to get off the lift!! :p :p