Akibun... Fernie used to be quite unknown and a powder-haven for skiiers and snowboarders that offered a low-key steep mountain with plenty of fresh but has transformed into quite a crowded mountain after the opening up of one of their bowls you only used to be able to access via a decent hike. Unfortunately though, it seems Fernie has now been taken over by Aussies, like somewhere else I could but dont want to mention in Hokkaido! And these Aussies come home wearing their ****ing "Fernie" tshirts and tell everyman and his bloody dog that they just got back from Fernie and it goes off. And then that person tells their friends and before you know it you have a bloody mini-Australia over there!

But, If you have lots of money though it is quite close to the cat skiing/boarding operation called Island Lake Lodge. It is owned by Craig Kelly and Richard Schmidt(?)... and it completely goes off! If you are ever richer you can stay up there for a week or so! We did the stand-by option getting a decent discount on the day's cat rides and a pucka lunch and everything. The powder was absolutely nuts!!! Deeper than anything I have ever ridden in my life. Unbelievable.

Why is it that Japanese people seem to be so slow with picking up these sorta new resorts though? There are a few new ones coming up in Canada that I bet they dont have a clue about.

Kicking horse.. formerly whitefish

Sunshine after opening d-dive terrain.

Witerwater

Red

Smithers

Shammes

Baldy

Manning park Out of Bounds.

Best Western Glacier National Park

Sun Peaks

Big White

The list goes on and on each mountain has something a little different.

Fernie Rocks The Auzies have been there for 10 years and we cant stop them. They are there until they spend their money and go home. Now that Currie bowl is lift acessed You can still hike lots of other areas. BAckside frontside fish and the bowl next to it.

Hike past Juniper bowl also.

With out the popularity these little towns would die remember Bush has slammed huge tariffs on Canadain lumber and its destorying the local areas So much for free trade. ITS ONLY FREE UNLESS IT BENIFITS AMERICA