I have heard good and bad things about it too... but I will tell ya what, I have seen some awesome pictures of Craig Kella in the backcountry there. Huge pow turns... cutting through the trees over the back-side of the mountain it seemed! I had it on my wall in Tokyo for a whole year!!! Just couldnt take it down!!!

It also seems to get a fair base each year... I wonder what the snow quality is like though?! I would be keen to give it a go though. I wonder how far it is from Maebashi-shi in Gunma-ken? My mate has a spare couch there especially for me to crash on so!!! Any takers?!

I went to Tenjindaira early december last year, the slope was SUPRE icy.

But I think Tenjindaira is generally good and good condition and good off-piste.

Because of "too nice" off piste condition, people goes crazy in Tenjindaira and many people died.

I think it was pretty sad news but 3 people were missing last year I have heard.

Tenjindaira is cool but if you wanna go to off-piste of Tenjindaira. U gotta be careful.

Cheers!

So noone is a real regular up there? It would be good to hear from someone who loved the place and then someone who hates the place? I suppose everyone is different in what they want out of a resort so it depends on the individual for sure.

I'm semi -regular when I can. Good place for decent snow in season, back runs, etc. Forget it if you're into gelende skiing as it's a real small place. Good views too on a clear day.

Yeah, it's that attitude about Tenjin D that I'm talking about. As if everybody's going to pile up there in a buses and spoil the place with their presence if you just so much as explain what's good about it.

Hey, don't anybody come to Wada Toge, 'K? It's mine! (Don't tell anybody about the great ungroomed slope. It's a secret.)

Snort...

Went there last year toward the end of the season out of desparation for snow..bad overall experience. The snow was icy/slushy and hard on your legs. Earlier in the season wasn`t any better either(some friends went). And they had the nerve to claim on their web site that their snow was in powder condition..I felt ripped off! Has anyone tried their ¥1800 curry&rice? Will not go back there. At least they had some kickers.

• 4 weeks later...