1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I wax mine every 2-3 times out. I do it myself I enjoy doing it and i know its done right. Have had the shop screw up my skis in the past. I also do most of my own edges and base repair.

Most shops uaslly use a big grinder to do edges. It takes way to much off the bottom. Once in a while is not bad. Letting a shop do it if your edges are rail high or at the beginning of the sesaon is ok. But I usally prefer not to bring them to a shop.

I do a hot wax ever 6 times or so out. I don't enjoy it b/c I live in a mansion and the wax shavings are a problem to clean. But I would never pay someone to wax my board. It's not very difficult.

usually hot wax when the base is getting dried out. just depends on frequency/riding conditions, but probably every 6-7 outings I guess.

one thing I discovered is that buffing in the wax using cork works well when using skins.

I usually hot-wax my boards before every trip with a good flouro wax then a layer of liquid rub-on wax. At the end of each day I redo the rub-on and leave it over night. This keeps the hot wax in the base longer and keeps my board running sweet and fast. It's important to use the right wax for the snow temp as too cold a wax will come straight out and too warm a wax won't run as well.

As Montoya said the p-tex dries out and you need to keep wax in it to keep it supple. Hot waxing opens up the p-tex and allows the wax to penetrate the pores. It's the wax in the base that does the work not the wax on the surface. It's also a good idea to wax at the end of the season and not scrape it off. Give it a good coating and iron it in well making sure to cover the edges as well. This will prevent the base from drying out and also stop your edges rusting over the summer.

I usually wax everything at the beginning of the season and then maybe once again part way through.

So after about 20-30 days out.

For some reason though my skis are not that slow. I don't have problems keeping up on traverses and or cat tracks

My edges are shit as well after the bony start to the season.

wow, looks like there's a huge split btween the once-or-twice-a-season waxers and the every-one or-two-times-out waxers...and i thought everyone was pretty much like me--i wax my board every 3 times, religiously.

one of my favorite waxes. i'm sexy, if U'r around, take note... :p

sexwax1.JPG

i wax every 3rd or 4th full day of riding b/c by that time, the wax has come up. or i can see new bubbles in the base while i'm waxing... just works out that way, bill will.

no wax? the only skis or snowboard i've had that NEVER required waxing was SALOMON. they're boards are excellent

I think my board has been waxed perhaps 2 times in the 60 or so days I have ridden it, same for the edges. I am sure I would benefit from better edges and waxing. It kind of helps to live near a board shop, not something i have ever had nearby my house.

Lard

If you look at your base and see any oxidized sections (areas that kind of have a whitish tint) then you probably need wax. Usally need to wax every 2-4 times out depending on snow conditions. A good all purpose wax is all you need.

Vince