So I KNOW this has been done before, but I think it is important enough to do again.

Plus with the obscene amount of traffic on this board these days, it makes it impossible to find old topics sometimes.

I mean 29 pages of snow topics - Sheesh. . . I`m all for it, but that`s alot of info to sift thru.

Anyways, to the point, which resorts are the most friendly i.e. least likely to rip your ticket when you ride off-piste ? ?

I've been off-piste loads at Nozawa, and have only once been told not to (on admittedly quite a hazardous course). The patrol guy wasn't threatening, just a bit annoyed. No question of having my pass pulled.

I've only been to Suginohara once and spent the whole day off-piste with no problem. Lifties saw me coming off the lift and getting right into the woods with no foreplay on the gelende whatsoever.

Wada Toge is OK once the peevish lady with the wart on her nose has come out and had her mandatory moan.

Actually, on my first visit to Nozawa last March we received quite the nagging from a liftie - but then again, perhaps our crime had more to do with ducking the ropes right next to the top of the lift (next to the 'skiers only'-slope) then actually riding off-piste?? Go figure..

Could it be that you are allowed to go out of bounds as long as you don't duck the ropes where they can see you directly (see no evil, hear no evil etc.)?

There is a small resort medium maybe in the numata area. Sorry cant remember the name. If you want I can find it. It is connected by a ridge the highest peak is Hotaka mt. to Kawaba ski Jo.

Anyways very cool place go off the top lift straigth behind the lift there is a skin track skin up about 20 mins or so depending on deepness. Drop back down toward the resort many lines with nice small drops. YOu can stop halfway and get on the lift at the bottom or keep going down and traverse back in bounds (but be careful your first time. If the lifties say something just show them your prepared ie becon shovel and stuff.

For steeps If you dont mind the hike or skin out, there are endless lines on the backside and on the ridge to Kawaba. Be carefull as These places are steep and on big snow days yo can hear the avalanches. If you want more info I can find it.

Also Myoko Suginohara Is cool take the trees at the top good gullies. Or take the hour hike up the peak from there you can see the nihon Kai sea.

You can ski the back side which is short but a nice warm up or back to the resort. Be careful skiers riders left off the peak has unskiable cliffs or big drops so please check the area first. mean ski slow and easy terrai on that sideget to the bottom and check it out. If you mess up there you could need a rope or hike out.

Dynalnd Takasu area Easy Out of bounds can be seen from the lift and acessed be 5 to 20 hikes. Traverses back in bounds can be long if you make a mistake. Dyanland has some easy hikes to the peak. Bring a beacon and shovel big weather changes.

Norikura Kogen 2 to 4 hour hike to the peak. Or ski the trees behind the bubble quad. be carefull have seen massive slides in there when the weather gets war it can slide to ground. End of story it will kill you ripped out a good 50 or more trees last Mid Jan.

I want to fix this up crap I made alot of mistakes my mind thinks faster than I can type.

There is a small resort medium maybe in the numata area. Sorry cant remember the name (Maybe snopal oguna Hotaka) . If you want I can find it by calling my old kendo sensei. It is connected by a ridge the highest peak is Hotaka mt. to Kawaba ski Jo.

Anyways very cool place go off the top lift straight behind the lift there is a skin track skin up about 20 mins or so depending on deepness. Drop back down toward the resort many lines with nice small drops. YOu can stop halfway and get on the lift at the bottom or keep going down and traverse back in bounds (but be careful your first time. If the lifties say something just show them your prepared ie becon shovel and stuff.

For steeps If you dont mind the hike or skin out, there are endless lines on the backside and on the ridge to Kawaba. Be carefull as These places are steep and on big snow days you can hear the avalanches. If you want more info I can find it.

Also Myoko Suginohara Is cool. Ride the trees at the top good gullies. Or take the hour hike up to the peak from there you can see the nihon Kai sea.

You can ski the back side which is short but a nice warm up or back to the resort. Be careful skiers, riders left off the peak has unskiable cliffs or big drops so please check the area first. This means ski slow and easy terrain on that side to get to the bottom and check it out first. If you mess up there you could need a rope or hike out. That said there are hairy lines there great short steeps that drop into a traverse back.

Dynalnd Takasu area have Easy Out of bounds can be seen from the lift and acessed by a 5 to 20min hikes. Traverses back in bounds can be long if you make a mistake at Takasu. Dyanland has some easy hikes to the peak but if you ski the backside you cant traverse back in bounds you have to hike. Bring a beacon and shovel big weather changes great wide open trees I wish they put a lift in there.

Norikura Kogen 2 to 4 hour hike to the peak. Or ski the trees behind the bubble quad. be carefull have seen massive slides in there when the weather gets warm it can slide to ground. End of story it will kill you ripped out a good 50 or more trees last Mid Jan. From the Quad there is a old slide path chute in the trees you can see it from across the way. Anything around there not down to the bottom will lead to a traverse line back into the resort. PS Dont Take the last 10 temping turns stop and traverse back in. Oppisite side is north faceing but again be careful traversing back in. Famous out of bounds area in Japan should be No problem.