Nibbling on a big chunk of mature cheddar on the top of a mountain, with blue skies, cheesewoman by my side.... followed by a nutritiously nutritious cheesy soup.

And then a cheese cracker to top that off.

Bliss!

My eyes get all teary everytime I go to Hokkaido. The powder there is just unbelievable. Just reserved 2 separate tours for this coming season to there a few days ago..early birds get them worms! It`ll be my first time to Niseko region..can`t wait! Any suggestions?

SnoboYaro, when you get to Niseko, be sure to get a "Free Passport" ski pass. This lets you go to all the 5 ski areas there and you can enjoy night skiing up to 9 pm. There is also a good outdoor hot springs bath in Prince Higashiyama Hotel. Enjoy!

When will you be in Niseko? Maybe we can meet there. Where are you going in your second ski trip?

3 years ago, I was still a beginner, rode in Loveland Colorado for 4 days - all of them weekdays - maybe 15 people on the hill, freezing cold - and 60 cm of powder - lightest and freshest I`ve ridden - it was like riding on a cloud - and we never got tired.

my best trip...easy...

in high school my family splurged and we went to chamonix for a week...

For 4 days straight this was the pattern...

Wake up...Blue-bird day spring skiing temps...

End the day, temp drops, clouds roll in...mother nature drops a foot of snow...

By the end of the week I was in chest deep stuff...my first real pow pow experience...had a smile on my face for the next 2 months...

Heaven!

danz