• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

I have a question about that. I started jogging in the summer and noticed that I was getting fitter - less pain, faster time around my course etc.

Then I got sinusitis that caused me to stop for a couple of weeks, in which time it got really cold. Now when I go out it feels almost worse than when I started in mid-summer. "Dead man running!"

Does the cold have a very noticable effect on performance? Or did I just fester completely when I had my sinusitis, and become less fit even than when I hadn't been running at all?

Any ideas?

Yeah, the cold has a big effect, all kind of depends on your lung condition as well.

The other thing to consider is cardio fitness. Comes and goes very quickly. Conditioning on the other hand, takes a long time to build and a long time to loose.

You've got to make it fun. Run up hills that you think will kill you, jump off high things, see if you can get across the level crossing before the train comes...

I find it better than swimming anyway.

Quote:
You've got to make it fun. Run up hills that you think will kill you, jump off high things, see if you can get across the level crossing before the train comes...
That is fun? eek.gif eek.gif

Earlier on I posted a "just get fit" message. Well I went out for a jog last night and was shocked at how badly out of it I am right now. But don't feel like jogging every day. What are you to do hey?

• 3 weeks later...

The pain of it all is part of the pleasure. How do you know you're even alive if you don't have pain?

Before I started snowboarding, I got very averse to pain, so that I would avoid it at nearly all costs. Consequently I had a lot less fun than I do now.

I fell over yesterday in a real bad position and think I've done my back in (to a greater or lesser extent). So I'm off to the doctors tomorrow - can't put up with it any more without been checked over. Wish me luck \:\)

• 2 weeks later...