Just had RAGING two days in Hakuba!!!

Stayed with Mitch at snowbeds & had a blast met a bunch of really cool people from all over & on thurs. mitch took a group of us on a back country tour. now Im off to the big Island for three weeks of surfing, sailing,horseback riding, & dancing on HOT LAVA.

Hope everyone has a good season! hopefully I'll get one more trip to Hakuba at the end of march.

Yamakashi, I'll have to take a rain check on that beer till next month

ALOHA wave.gif

Big Island!! My hometown is Hilo. Try check out Honolii for surfing in Hilo. Also, ask some locals how to find a surf spot called secrets. Awesome place. Near there you will be able to find another place called Kings Bath that is a secret little onsen that only local people know about. It's just a little geothermally heated pond sitting in a lava tube in the jungle near another cool surf spot called Isaacs Beach (were you will surely see sea turtles while surfing).

Horseback riding - Parker Ranch.

Enjoy!

A kama'aina! I thought I was talking to a tourist. My bad, you know the spots then. I love the skinny little road going down to Pohiki.

Shoots then...enjoy home for a while!

It's a shame my experience of Hawaii wasn't so good. I went to Maui some years ago with someone who was addicted to resort hotels and laying by the resort pool (instead of on the beach even!) and reading trashy novels. All I wanted to do was to get to the good places further away from resort civilization. I managed to see a few nice spots, but was a bit dicey on the left hand drive stuff (first time ever) to venture off very far on my own. I'd like to go back there some day, away from the resorts.