• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember, there used to be a small number of English speaking intructor there. I don't know about now but I expect there should be. I am taking a group of beginners and intermediate skiers and I think they expect me to be their instructor. The many undemanding slopes there should be good for this.

Yes, if I remember correctly, most of the lifts at Rusutsu are covered. That`s the good part. The bad part is this resort is very spread out and the courses aren`t very well connected. You`d really need to stay there overnight to fully enjoy the place. Also, if you`re only gonna be there for 1 day head for East Mountain and Mt. Isola first cuz they start shutting down all lifts over there by 3pm! I was so upset I almost got into a fight with one of the staff! Needless to say on the way back to West Mountain(the main gelande nearest to "ski center")there was quite a long and annoying line. This is why after some consideration I decided not to go there again this coming season. P.S. When I went the snow wasn`t all that either(Hokkaido standard). Closer ski areas like Sapporo International and Kiroro had much better snow. Just my 2 cents worth

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I am trying to set up something for Easter.... got any plans, sunrise.

Hey, that was neat, klubhead. I wish I could do that but....1 - I probably don't make more than they do, and 2 - even if I did, I wouldn't be able to say so in Japanese!

Well, scoucer, from a purely skiing point of view, Niseko is much better. More courses, greater variety, better powder and the courses are inter-connected. Rusutsu, however, has a great resort hotel with lots of after-ski activities: restaurants, shopping, indoor sports etc.

One thing I don't like about Rusutsu is that you have to access East Mt and Mt Isola by a long gondola ride and these two mounts close fairly early in the afternoon. Then there are queues for the gondola back to the West Mt and hotel complex and you have to wait for the gondola because there is no skiing route back, at least I don't think so.

The kiddies love the monorail shuttle between the Tower and the North/South Wing of the hotel.