Hi all, I`m wondering which place is better. Thinking about going up there in late Dec. I`m sure a good number of you have gone to either one of these 2 places. Personal experience/pros-cons welcomed. P.S. quality of snow is most important, though

I had a great day at Suginohara. There are some very sweet tree runs and gullies there, and I didn't see any patrol all day. But there are also quite a few boarders and some of the best places were getting tracked out by the afternoon.

I haven't been to Togakushi but friends (fanatical powder hounds) have and said they had a good time. No crowds.

So when the snow's good, either place would probably do, although I suspect Suginohara is the safer bet.

Thank you all for your input. I think I`ll go with Suginohara since I found out Togakushi has mostly slopes for beginners&Suginohara has more runs. BTW, has anyone gone to the sales event this weekend at Tokyo Big Site(in Odaiba)yet? Just got back from there..went there in the afternoon and it was already packed! Couldn`t get my hands on them 2000yen hayawari(early discounted)tix. \:\( But I got them for 2500yen(Hunter Mtn.)and 3500yen(Tanbara)instead so it was somewhat of a fruitful trip. Can`t wait to actually use them!

It's got nothing to do with the number of runs, it's what's in between the runs that matters. At Sugi I spent the whole day in just 3 strips of off-piste near the top, and never saw most of the 'runs'.

I'll bet my mates weren't riding on beginner runs at Togakushi either...

Wada Toge has mostly crap runs but some prime rough bits, considering its size.