I would say I go through about 1 board a season (Avg 50+ days). I could ride it longer, but by then a new one makes a noticable difference. Boots and bindings can last more like two seasons. That is unless they break and I get free warranty replacement!

my skiis break every two years. usually right before my warrenty ends. funny how these things work out. but after the first 3 months of use they are usually pretty beat up. bindings last 2 years, boots 3. poles last about 2-3 months, although this time i bought some rental poles - they are the ugliest things you've ever seenbut are apparently unbreakable.. we'll see about that.

Dane how do you break skis? I mean what are you doing on them or are you just a fat bastard?!! No offense intended. I had an old old pair and we tried to waste them as much as poss with little success. Mate I am impressesed! eek.gif

haha, i don't think i should be proud of that compliment! at least from the standpoint of my wallet...

usually they delaminate from doing spins, and landing with one ski angling into the other ski. one time i ran into a tree with one ski and bent it pretty good (beyond repair). i've also ripped the edge off the inside of a ski (a long section along one side of the ski - i couldn't turn).

so basically i don't break my skiis in half or anything that dramatic, but i hurt them badly enough that no amount of glue and/or duct tape will fix them. actually, you can check out my current glue-job www.irc.atr.co.jp/~deaton/movies.html

i'm proud of this one, because it has held for about 2 months now!

Every year I get a new bunch of stuff from BURTON.

Seems to last well (25 days a season) and could probably last maybe 2-3 seasons depending on abuse.

I only change coz its free and give the old stuff to my mates.. My Flow bindings have lasted 3 season and are still going hard... which is suprising for such low level bindings.

cant wait for my FISH!!!!!

dane...nice clips dude!!

damn, some of those crashes look painful...but looks like you know what you are doing in there...

me...I have no clue what to do in the air...usually I first ask myself how I got in the air, and by the time I answer, I'm sprawled out all over the place...

danz

Gotta watch those tips man! If you keep digging them into the jump like that you'll always end up ... well I guess you already know that from experience!

Thanks for sharing those with us, especially the crashes.

O.K. so what do I have to do to get him to love me too?..... No, don't tell me, I have to give up all my vices like going after "naughty girls" like YouKnowWho etc. etc.

Looks like I have to continue to be a "C...." and pay for all my equipment! \:\(

SLIGHTY more than a season. I say this cuz I`ve just ripped one strap on one of my bindings on my last run(literally)at Hakuba Goryu/47 yesterday. \:\( Hatsu Yaburi? I guess I have about 1 month to find a replacement piece somewhere in Kanda(next time out not til mid Dec). It was a blessing in disguise cuz I`ll be going up to Hokkaido during Christmas and if it were to happen while I`m up there I`d be royally SCREWED! :p

I don't think you'd be exactly screwed if you just bust a strap. Can't you replace them by popping into the rental shop and buying another one? Surely not even Burton make their straps so incompatible that you can't simply replace them...