hey all,

whos boots have inners? and whos dont!?

i gather ski boots have inners but boarders have the choice.... im having the thought at the moment...

INNERS OR NO INNERS!?

with i gather would be warmer?

mmm...

please tell!

Sorry Sam.. I dunno what your getting at either...

I know what inners are but??? Ski boots have an inner "last" which is the soft / hard inner boot between your foot and the outer "shell"

In ski boots these are the only two components "last and shell"

I am not sure what you're getting at with Board boots.. don't they all have liners that can be removed??

As far as I know, most snowboard boots have an inner bootie that you can take out to dry. You can't ride without them.

I seem to remember hearing that Flow boots don't have inners though, hence their thin (odd) profile. Maybe that's what's confusing you...

Very cheap board boots don't have inners. At least my old pair don't. 5,000 from himalaya, just to get me off the pulaver of renting boots.

If you switch from v cheap to decent, your bindings may no longer fit, or at least need serious readjustment.

I didn't realize that my boots had inners that were removable for a long time. Then I saw other people walking about in just the inners. So I pulled really hard and they came out, but they were stuck in there with mighty big strips of velcro.

S_F

I've never seen Flow boots, so I can't comment on them. In fact, until this season I had hardly seen Flow bindings in the shops, though that might just have something to do with the shops I go to.

However, all the boots I have seen by other established snowboard manufacturers have had inners, even if just something that looks from the top like a coiled bit of hard foam with no laces or drawstring. The only single layer boots I've seen are discount lines in large discount shops. Like the ones I have myself, they are invariably super soft, which doesn't help you get any power into your edges.

Flow bindings are obviously different, so the construction of suitable boots may differ from boots that are used with ordinary strap bindings.