I'm always laugh at some people who posing (is that correct word?) on slopes. It's funny to watch especially when crash! lol.gif I spoke with friends about this thing, I think some people doing snowboarding just because it s cool and looks good and posing, not for themself.

I do it for myself.

I think there is posing everywhere...not just here. The number of posers in Australia, NZ and other countries are just as much. Case in point, Aussie beaches!! The number of posers on the beach or just hanging round the parking lots in their cars is amazing. Same for NZ too, just the chicks there arent so hot \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by maoriboy:
I think there is posing everywhere...not just here. The number of posers in Australia, NZ and other countries are just as much. Case in point, Aussie beaches!! The number of posers on the beach or just hanging round the parking lots in their cars is amazing. Same for NZ too, just the chicks there arent so hot \:D
agreed with you there mate!
All those Melbourne and westie surfers!
 Quote:
Originally posted by neurozoo:
... also fun to imagine them as human flag poles in a boardercross.
Must admit to enjoying that too - but I see 'em as a GS ski course. lol.gif

Snowsports are full of "posers". Lots of the videos I've seen have been full of pros pulling funny faces or farting or swigging beer in a sad attempt to be "wacky" and "zany". That kind of behavior is about as unconventional as a trance fan wearing tie-dyed clothing.

I always liked Terje the best because he looks more like a scientist than a.n.other boarder. Unlike all the other early ones with that crappy "core" music, his vid "The Haakonsen Factor" has all these really funky breaks on it and he introduces Shaun White, then about 12, just coz he rips. Not because he's one of Terje's wild boy crew and "oh man, we just have the most rad time" and all that kind of self-congratulatory bullshit.

Japanese people go the whole hog on the gear, but you don't get that much of a "look at me" vibe coming off them. Not in an obnoxious manner at least.