what do they look like in japan?

the lift passes in aust are, well u get given a metal hook like a U shaped thing and a sticker that you fold in half over the metal. (u hook the metal thru a zip) so u get a rectangle paper thing attached to ur zip....

is it the same in japan?

ou season passes are laminated card thing with ur face on it!

Depends on where you go in Japan. Some places give you the paper bit which are checked by attendants at the gate while some are electronic cards a bit bigger than a credit card that you pass over a sensor like at a subway station and it releases an auto door.

Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:

the lift passes in aust are, well u get given a metal hook like a U shaped thing and a sticker that you fold in half over the metal. (u hook the metal thru a zip) so u get a rectangle paper thing attached to ur zip....
Sounds like a perfect description of Arai's new tickets.

I wondered where they got the idea....

In Niseko, they use the electronic card so you can even keep it under your jacket sleeve. Just need to put it close to the electronic sensors at the lift gates. The sensors are waist to shoulder in height.

I always love to watch the people who have those elctronic tickets in thier Jacket inner breast pocket.

It just looks so much like they are trying to make love to a machine when they start rubbing them selves up against the reader.

Sounds like you were describing the system at Perisher. When i worked there i was in the tickets section. Man, you wouldn't believe the numnber of people who couldn't work out how to put those things on. The varied ways people had of losing them was hilarious...i saw people sticky tape them to their jacket, wrap them round the wire clip without peeling off the sticker, peel the sticker off and stick them to their jacket....some very irate people would turn up at the windows wanting a refund!

those tickets are a pain. If you dont have a zip handle at the bottom of your jacket then you have to attach it to the zip at the top (assuming your jacket is zipped up). Then the thing would blow around in the wind and smack your nose.

I can remember a time when it used to be "cool" to have those ring tickets hanging off your jacket that you would then make sure you wore to school.

Some people would have 4 seasons worth of the damn things hanging off every avaible zipper.

I used to put my in my pants so you could at least ski without your jacket if it got hot.

Ah the days of carrying pliers in your quiver.

Blow chunks = haku

Pretty much all of the ski areas in Washington still use the sticker lift passes with the bent wire. Nice for clipping and selling at the end of the day. More of the big resorts I have been to outside of WA are using the barcoded ones you zip-tie on. This is way better for getting multiple people on the mountain with two passes.

How to get 10 people snowbaording all day for $8 each (Works best at a place like Blackcomb where they only check your pass to get on the gondola and you do not go down until the end of the day)

All 10 people chip in their $8 for a total of $80. Then two people use the money to buy 2 tickets (approx $40ea). The other 8 wait at the convenient bar at the bottom of the gondola while the first two go up. One person takes off the pass and gives it to the other person who rides down and gives it to the 3rd person. Those two go up. The person that all ready went down give the pass to the new guy who rides down...repeat.

The ones at the bottom are fine because they have a beer, and the ones that go up only have to go down an extra time before they can hit the slopes. Then everyone meets up later. The zip ties are better because it is easy to clip them and grab extras. If you do get caught on the slopes wthout yours you just play like it fell off.

Note: May also work with movies and some relaxed security concerts.

Mogski - oh yeah I remember the days of showing up at school with 30 lift tickets on your zipper. Yeah I am the hot shit!

What about the lift pass you get at Hakuba47 right now? I know during the regular season you`re issued a small magnetic chip so you can go between 47 and its neighbor Goryu but since only 47 is running at the moment... Can someone who`s already gone there this season let me know? Oh, does the 1500yen price still stand? mtia

3,500 yen as of today. All the lifts (well maybe not line D - the pair from the bottom) are going.

The intermediate slope at the top of Goryu is open too.

It's 1,500 yen at Happo though not many lifts.

It was paper tickets at 47 up to yesterday. Didn't go today, so I don't know.

Enderzone's description sounds like what all my mates did with the bracelet tickets at Glastonbury back in 1990. Sweet memories....