The conditions were good for practice, getting 'em legs back into shape. The crud/breakable crust on the edge of the runs and down to the bottom at Happo is great for forcing good form.

If you were looking for great conditions, not quite there, if you accept that you have to slide everything to perfect technique/be a well rounded slider then it's a great opportunity to get ready for the backcountry

been twice. The second time the snow wasn't as user friendly and I kind of damaged my body on the first run so every fall after that was a little more painful than normal. What made the last trip was Mogski's really cool surf/snow vehicle.

I went last Sunday and was expecting a bit lame but lo and behold driving into Hakuba and seeing the mountains appearing out of the mist all my skepticism was out the window. Esp up the top there was some pretty decent stuff and it was good to give the legs a bit of a work out and new boots a run. However I felt sorry for 2 of my mates who were learning and the hard falls they took but I was having a blast carving it up. But anyone that complains I mean what do you expect? Its the middle of November!!! :p

• 3 weeks later...

I still have yet to go.

Anyone who has been out there and sampled the Cheese Status of any resorts please do post.

Please report as such, ranking each from 1-10 with 10 being the best!

- Cheese availability;

- Number of types available;

- Ease of access;

- Cheese confitions;

- General

Your help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

went for the first time on monday - wednesday, hit hakuba 47/goryu. it had been a year since i had gone for a slide so it was nice to get back into the scheme of things. i think ive messed up my knee.

probably wont go again until the end of january.

• 4 weeks later...