SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
scouser

Best boarder / best skier in the world

absolute number one without a doubt would have ta be terje hakonsen. there simply aren`t enough supurlatives to describe how good he is. what he can`t do on a snowboard aren`t worth learning!

also, in tha pipe, it`s hard to go past the `other` powwwers. no, not austin, ROSS. he goes that high he needs oxygen! and does it in style too.

I think Terje is great - an icon - he used to win everything - but nowadays, he is not what he used to be - he doesn`t ride as much, and basically just hunts the pow and lays low.

The people who are really stepping it up in the freestyle world are Kevin Jones, JP Walker, and Danny Kass.

And that Tanner Hall kid can do some tricks on skis I dun reckin`

Hi

terje hakonsen is the best boarder I have ever seen. No doubt.

But the only thing that couts is Powder. Powder snow is the only thing I want this season.

Powder,Powder, Powder.

Sean

barok agree with you there on Tanner Hall. Amazing kid.

In fact I walked right past him too years ago at the Core Games in Naeba when he was just coming through the ranks and thought he was a little shit the way he was acting around the place. Right little renegade school brat. Certainly proved me wrong when I saw him jumping and quarterpiping it there 3 hours later. Kid is amazing. I almost wanna apologise to him for being so rude in my own mind.

For me though he is still only a park skier and I would have to go with someone like Seth Morrison or Shane McKonkey, Kent Kreitler, JP Auclair. The big mountain riders whom are just as competent in the park.

For boarding it is JP Walker.

Mike Douglas gets my vote! Older guy and still able to throw it down like I'll never be able to. And inventing the misty & d-spin is no mean thing either...

For big mountains Seth would have to be at the top. JF Cusson is the original and very styley. Candide goes HUGE-clearing a 100 foot hip-impressive

Very true miteyak, but if you are that good and can earn money from just skiing then in mind it's okay to be a little shit.

I am a pretty simple \:D person really.

Yeah, I kinda agree. When you see extreme arrogance which is backed up by extreme brilliance, you kinda feel they have earned the right to be so arrogant! Needless to say, a bit of humility coupled with extreme brilliance earns even more points.

It's when they are arrogant but have nothing to show for it which makes them the "scum of the earth".

Form is everything, both on and off the slopes. So the brat spent his time and mamas cash on the slopes and forgot to get an education in life... i'll acknowledge his skill on the slope and treat him like the shit he is off it... simple as that.

To be honest, I dont really give a damn what others can do in a park, slidings about the mountains for me.

p.s. not passing judgement on this kid, as i've never met 'm.

Maybe i'm being naive, but I like to think the best boarders/skiers in the world aren't anyone featured in the commercial sector.

In my opinion there is no reason to be arrogant. I cannot stand arrogant people, they really get on my nerves and give me the shits. Just because someone is good at something it doesn't give them the right to arrogant etc.

Just my two cents though!

Worry not about me, oh mogski.

I believe the idea of the "one having the most fun" applies to all things. I chucked chess in here to add diversity. I can't play chess. I attempt to play backgammon.

You could even say that the richest man in the world is the one who is the happiest that they could be given what they are working at at the time.

(is it ok to have "at" followed by "at"? see the last sentence.)

Of course Terje. I really like Todd Richards, Travis Parker, Andrew Crawford. Peter Line is an amazing jibber. Kier Dillon in the pipe - such style.

So many good riders. I have to think that the best riders are involved in the commerce of snowboarding Miteyak. It would be too hard to be the best and not be known. That kind of skill attracts attention.

Deebee - no, but you could say "working at during that time"...eh?

Shaun White? the little grom. I saw him on X games and he was rockin! way smoother than the other guys and he is only 15!

miteyak yo, that backcountry steez costs waaay more than a park, pipe, jib sesh ever could.

the best freeriders in the world have to finance boat rides, helicopter rides, cat rides, and lots of gear. they have to finance trips to some of the most remote places in the world . . .

riding in Alaska, Nepal, Argentina, etc. isn`t cheap - and some of those guys and gals are pretty well known in their own right - I mean Jeremy Jones is huge, and Craig Kelly is an icon.

In some of the big mountain videos, the guys going in there are doing first descents, which would suggest they're ahead of the local guides even.

Note that the big mountain Jeremy Jones is not the Jeremy Jones that rides freestyle for Forum.

Id have to go with all the above answers plus I really like Micah Black, Gordy Peifer, and Vinny Dorion - hes got a really smooth style in the park. Candide's Gap in Further is one of the sweetest segments in any video out there.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.