absolute number one without a doubt would have ta be terje hakonsen. there simply aren`t enough supurlatives to describe how good he is. what he can`t do on a snowboard aren`t worth learning!

also, in tha pipe, it`s hard to go past the `other` powwwers. no, not austin, ROSS. he goes that high he needs oxygen! and does it in style too.

I think Terje is great - an icon - he used to win everything - but nowadays, he is not what he used to be - he doesn`t ride as much, and basically just hunts the pow and lays low.

The people who are really stepping it up in the freestyle world are Kevin Jones, JP Walker, and Danny Kass.

And that Tanner Hall kid can do some tricks on skis I dun reckin`

barok agree with you there on Tanner Hall. Amazing kid.

In fact I walked right past him too years ago at the Core Games in Naeba when he was just coming through the ranks and thought he was a little shit the way he was acting around the place. Right little renegade school brat. Certainly proved me wrong when I saw him jumping and quarterpiping it there 3 hours later. Kid is amazing. I almost wanna apologise to him for being so rude in my own mind.

For me though he is still only a park skier and I would have to go with someone like Seth Morrison or Shane McKonkey, Kent Kreitler, JP Auclair. The big mountain riders whom are just as competent in the park.

For boarding it is JP Walker.

Yeah, I kinda agree. When you see extreme arrogance which is backed up by extreme brilliance, you kinda feel they have earned the right to be so arrogant! Needless to say, a bit of humility coupled with extreme brilliance earns even more points.

It's when they are arrogant but have nothing to show for it which makes them the "scum of the earth".

Form is everything, both on and off the slopes. So the brat spent his time and mamas cash on the slopes and forgot to get an education in life... i'll acknowledge his skill on the slope and treat him like the shit he is off it... simple as that.

To be honest, I dont really give a damn what others can do in a park, slidings about the mountains for me.

p.s. not passing judgement on this kid, as i've never met 'm.

Worry not about me, oh mogski.

I believe the idea of the "one having the most fun" applies to all things. I chucked chess in here to add diversity. I can't play chess. I attempt to play backgammon.

You could even say that the richest man in the world is the one who is the happiest that they could be given what they are working at at the time.

(is it ok to have "at" followed by "at"? see the last sentence.)

Of course Terje. I really like Todd Richards, Travis Parker, Andrew Crawford. Peter Line is an amazing jibber. Kier Dillon in the pipe - such style.

So many good riders. I have to think that the best riders are involved in the commerce of snowboarding Miteyak. It would be too hard to be the best and not be known. That kind of skill attracts attention.

Deebee - no, but you could say "working at during that time"...eh?

miteyak yo, that backcountry steez costs waaay more than a park, pipe, jib sesh ever could.

the best freeriders in the world have to finance boat rides, helicopter rides, cat rides, and lots of gear. they have to finance trips to some of the most remote places in the world . . .

riding in Alaska, Nepal, Argentina, etc. isn`t cheap - and some of those guys and gals are pretty well known in their own right - I mean Jeremy Jones is huge, and Craig Kelly is an icon.

In some of the big mountain videos, the guys going in there are doing first descents, which would suggest they're ahead of the local guides even.

Note that the big mountain Jeremy Jones is not the Jeremy Jones that rides freestyle for Forum.