So how did the weekend go for everybody?

I headed out to Hakuba early early friday morning and arrived to find no new snow. After lazing around at FT's place we foudn out Cortina got a ton of fresh so we headed out there and were on the slopes by 11. The snow was deep and dry. They said 30 fresh but in the trees it seemed to be more like 40-50. We were getting face shots and fresh lines. Patrol was out in force but after catching the group 2 times we were only given warnings. I was always able to ski away so was never caught directly.

Saturday we went to Tsugaike. It was so busy. We spent over an hour just trying to get to the top of the mountain. Had to take like 5 chairs all with long lineups. But finally made it into the trees and found nice powder there as well on the north faces. To avoid the lines we usually skied right to the bottom and then just ducked into the front of the gondola line \:D

That night I had to go home so drove north to avoide the crowds and ended up in Niigata eek.gif but I made it home in just over 4 hours.

I decided to head to my local bar to get some drinks and ended up scoring with this hot OL clap.gif

A really good weekend. Deep dry powder and sex clap.gif clap.gif

It does not get better than that.

Had possibly the best day of riding i've ever had, this weekend.

Got out with a good crew and discovered the south face of Goryu/47. Gigantic open face with powder from the summit to base. Terrain had everything from ridges and bowls, to drops and tree runs. Felt like it was straight out of a snowboarding video. We had the whole face to ourselves so there was nothing but fresh lines the entire day... it was perfect.

I've ridden niseko a few times, and this blew anything i've ridden at niseko away. I'm just afraid that everything for the rest of this season will be downhill compared to this weekend.

It was actually a great drive. It was really busy getting out of Hakuba so I just turned left instead of right. Was 4 hours of fast driving instead of 4 hours of stop and go. It would be beautiful in the day.

I've had a few other encounters with the Japanese ladies but I'm not the playboy that my students call me

yeah mate, Ive been feeling run down and sick ever since last November... been soooooooooooo busy with things at school and skiing/traveling too much \:D So, I wasnt able to ski in the morning... or didnt want to at least.

Think I need to hibernate this weekend and stay in my futon.

went 2 maiko korakuen fri and sat w/ co-workers. took us more than 7 hours 2 get from shinjuku 2 yuzawa fri morning, and we had left @ 5:30! wonderful 3-day weekend traffic when everyone and there uncles come 2 the slopes.

was good company (no pun intended) and it was a good thing they R beginners b/c the park is right next 2 the green slopes @ maiko, and they kept putting up with me hitting the park every run. non-stop snow while i was there!!

made the drive back saturday nite after dinner and an onsen, left @ 10p and was back home @ 12:30. there weren't fifty-twelve billion people on the road then. excellent days 12 and 13 for me. another 7 or so and i'll be satisified. so will my wallet

OL = old lady perhaps? get your grey wings perhaps, Toque? lol.gif

My long weekend was grounded my better half was at her cousins wedding (who gets married in winter I ask you!) which meant I was at home with the boy who was a bit under the weather and was testing me with temper tantrums....

Cant wait till he gets a bit older and I can take him up the slopes with me.

Happo on Sunday wasn't so crowded, Yama and Toque.

I was looking at Phat Luv skiing down slope far side of the hill with Fattwin's group. They were so cool! I wanted to see Yama and Toque skiing down that slope, too. You probably looked very cool!

She didn't like hiking, though... ;\)

Saturday at 47 was a bad plan. Lunch took about 2 hours. Ages in lift lines getting to top and got in my first lift line fight with a J-girl who tried to cut in front of me mad.gif

Went to Happo on Friday & Sunday. Never been there B4 - lots of long runs and not too crowded, had a fantastic time. Lots of good beer at night too. \:D

clap.gif Hokkaido this Saturday!!

Hit Fukushima with a load of Rugby buddies. First day after a 3:30 am drive start was not bad despite hanging out my ass. Went to Nekoma wanted to hit the park but due to leg probs and the doc saying shouldn`t really be boarding at all just took it easy. Not a big fan of the runs here though and the snow wasn`T anything special.

Second day much better, snow was really nice at Gran Deco, I like the fairly long runs they have there and some pretty nice stuff in the trees. Pushed knee harder to see how it would go and hapy to say it stood up well which means can carry on for a bit more this season!!!

Saw a few giajin guys at Nekoma on Friday was that any of you guys?

mista be careful on that slope it is avie prone. if that is the best you have found in japan then you need to look harder ;\)

Toque sunday was good the north face of happo sking a bowl 4 times for 1000 to 1500 feet.

Tsu went off on monday 40cms fresh and I hucked everything including the one you showed me. got it on video. the chute was almost waist deep.

today we did the sub peak of 47 to the river.

thigh deep and 3000 feet is anything better

FT - You dropped the big one??

Who were you skiing with?

Tatsuya said he broke his binding at Tsugaike.

I hate you right now mad.gif ;\)

Oh well. At least I wasn't just laying around by myself sunday. But to miss a powder day. That sucks.

Woywoy - It may have been us. Anywhere from 6-8 skiers with small backpacks on saturday.