hey mogski,

nice pics, i totally agree with u bout the morale thing. Was starting to get bummed out bout the can of worms i've opened in the other forum plus i'm too busy this week to go anywhere near snow. I do feel better tho. so what's with the boarder pic at the end of that sequence ?

don't get bummed Doku, that was only one thread with some lively challenging of thoughts \:\) You have very right to open such a can of worms (but I dont need to tell you that).

my first post on here I got crapped all over for asking is snowboarders were still snotty nosed little brats!

Mogski, on the second pic entitled "ahhh.." there is a snow slide in the ravine behind the dude. Is that considered a dangerous sized slip? Or is it quite common when you disturb the snow in areas like that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dokumanju:
so what's with the boarder pic at the end of that sequence ?
I thought this was a rather light hearted photo reflecting the annoyance that skating must be on snowboards. Looks like this guys got it down pretty well.

deebee, that slide on the second photo, as endo says, is quite common on sttep slopes. It is either an avalanche triggered by the riders slough or it is just his slough.

Just my guess but I would say this rider has picked the course knowing that any shifting of snow would channel itself in that area and hence he is riding to the left of in a relatively safe zone. It also looks like he is riding the top of the spine too perhaps expecting the same thing. But I have never done this so eveything I have just written is highly speculated!

that skater seems to have his front foot angled such that his toes are point forwards. That would make it a lot easier.

Is there such a binding that has the ability to be pivoted at the click of a button, whilst your boot is strapped in?

He is also dressed ideally for escape and evasion in a winter environment. That's not by any chance big badmigraine is it?

That Alaska pic is really hard to figure out. I've looked at it six times, and only now have I worked out the lie of the terrain.

No not badmigraine but I am almost certain he would appreciate the intelligence of this guy.

Deebee you may have just hit on the newest technological advancement in snowboard bindings! I wonder if it is possible to patent an idea?

Yeah that is exactly what that is. You pull up a little lever and spin it around. Another one of the stupid innovations in snowboard bindings that was created in the mid 90s when it was just too hard to live with traditional bindings.

How about

• Baseless bindings for "feeling the rail through the board" -- yeah right.
  • Bindings that came all the way off the board with a twist of the leg so that you could quickly detach and take a stroll...unless of course you wrecked hard and broke your leg.
  • A plastic piece that your straps clip into and then clips into your bindings, reducing the amount strapping per binding to one and increasing the amount of stupid crap that can break to infinite.
  • ... Flow \:D

enderzero, item number 3 on your list of brilliant binding ideas sounds like Belligerent bindings. Only it wasn't plastic when I bought them, it was metal, and pretty heavy too. And useless.

With the skater bindings in that pic, what do you do when you pick up speed?...!

If I were a good snowboarder I may have more commenst to make on Flow binding performance, but at this stage I cant.

What I can comment on is that after my first day of using them I was able to slide off the chair lift, insert my back foot and close the binding on on the fly whilst standing. There was zero stop between getting off the lift and starting the run, just like skiing.

I had one day on strap ups and one day using flow.

Have we had this discussion before? \:D

I just like to poke fun at Flow because I think it is gimmicky. I am not saying they aren't good bindings.

Yes Deebee you were able to slip your foot in a clip down exactly like you are supposed to. That is the entire benefit of Flow. The question is was it as good of a ride as if you had stopped and strapped in regular bindings.

ANYWAY...enough of this