• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some people, like akibun, who like romantic thing, not just love hotel and things like that. If Christmas is fun and romantic or not depend on people, friend and what you do.

When does Christmas tree take down in Western country?

We take the tree down in NZ when it starts to die, which because it is summer usually just before NY, or when someone can be stuffed dealing with it. One time we forgot to do something with it before we went away and came home to a big stick in a bucket and a floor covered in pine needles.

Anyone know about getting a real tree here. Say just for example if someone was going to go into the hills and chop something down do you think they would get in trouble? Hypothetical of course..

That sort of pykie behaviour has been known around the Suwa region...

Pykies are also known for throwing the whole Christmas tree into their 'back yard' around New Year and leaving it there. Recovery of decorations later is optional.

Yes the "holiday" (Don't you dare say Christmas!!) season is in full effect in the states. Xmas tree lots are open, towns have put up wreaths on lamp posts, house are aglow with expensive illumination and Starbucks' are all playing holiday music. The morning paper has grown to twice its normal size, packed with advertisements for holiday shoppers. Rush hour is now neatly aligned with the local mall's operating hours (which consequently have expanded to 4am to midnight). Egg nog is on store shelves, as is lowfat egg nog, nonfat egg nog, high acidopholus egg nog, and low sodium certified organic egg nog.

Ahh yes, what a wonderful time of year.

Just got my New Year holiday from work sorted out. 4 days in early January, nothing at Christmas. But I asked for the early Jan hols - I belive that after the rush of New Year, early January is quite quiet on the hills.