• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's from the Greek word for Christ - one of the letters looks like an 'X'. 'Christmas' means 'the mass to celebrate Christ' So instead of saying 'Christ mas (mass)', it's shortened to 'Xmas'. Simple when you know.

Now get down on your knees girl.

(I can't believe I said that!)

gee, there wouldn't be anything worse than having to spend 'magical' *puke* xmas with an un-cool guy. Un-cool people are so not the thing, that is why I and all my friends are all really cool. I am with you neko, I don't like un-cool people either.

I hope you have a nice xmas.

Christmas... stay in Nagano, house chocka with 9 mates, turkey, roast spuds and vegge, mulled wine and 1 of the yanks that is staying is making pumpkin pie. What is this? Ive never had this so should be interesting but I admit I am a tad skeptical about a veggie :rolleyes: for dessert.

If you stay in Japan do it up big and party hard with the trimmings with your mates. This is my 3rd christmas here (errgh) but I have to say that the snow and powder pre New Years is hard to rival. BRING IT ON

And I have to agree with you deebee, if people want to get coy and flirty then maybe they are on the wrong website. I log in here to read about skiing not a romance chat room or whatever. Dont get me wrong, I like a good flirt myself \:D , but mmmmm what am I trying to say? Maybe dont make yourself sound like such a stupid bimbo? Unless thats what you want people to think?

err thats going to cop me a bit of flak. But am with you deebee re the sunglasses post too

Pumpkin pie made by yanks is pretty disgusting. They open up a tin of pulped pumpkin and dump it into pie-sheet pie, et voila! It has a dodgy brown 'color' and tastes like mush.

However, when Mrs 11 makes it with real pumpkin and real pastry, yanks have been known 1. to fail to recognize it because it's sort of a pumpkin 'color', and 2. scream when they eat it because it tastes so damn good.

I hope you enjoy yours.

Sappy flirting? Bring it on!

Queuing out the door to get in a love hotel on Christmas Eve is soooo romantic!

Wake with your loved one on Christmas morning and go for a stroll to see the lovely decorations. Just as they start taking them down.

Magic!

[10/10 for not starting in October tho]

BoC

They take them down on Christmas Day at the Hankyu "International" Hotel in Osaka, at least. It's the big hotel next to the Loft. I walked past it at 10am the last time I worked on Christmas Day (1999). They were taking down this lovely 40 foot tree they had so they could switch to a display for Oshogatsu, the bigger, traditional Japanese celebration of the New Year.

The love hotel story is from a former gf who admitted to having done it.

I get the impression that Christmas Eve is far bigger than Christmas Day here. Some of the Hakuba lifties had Santa suits in the run up to Christmas last year, but I didn't see any on Christmas Day.