Weekday price cheaper than weekend - fair?

I would actually pay more for weekday if there was 80% less people. BUt I say that from the position of only being able to go on the w/e, so uncrowded conditions to me are a premium product. For those who have no choice but to go on a weekday it doesnt seem fair to charge them more.

To be fair sometimes they dont have as many lifts running on weekdays and they are doing maintenence type stuff so there is a bit less open. Maybe its an incentive thing too to get people to go during the week, spread it out a bit you know.

But there cant be much better than midweek and no one there! Ohh had an insane day last year at Nozawa, waist deep powder and not a soul there cos it was raining at the bottom and midweek. Id pay 10,000 for a day like that again. :p

Econmics Resorts want to break evenon weekdays and make money on weekends. Most good places wont shut too much down as they will make their clients unhappy. Maintence is done in the summer and should not have to be done in winter just up keep.

What I meant by maintenence was things like building jumps etc and they dont run all the lifts sometimes during the week, not that you cant do the run, but that there isnt the crowds so you have to ski to the bottom of the run rather than get a lift up from half way. Just in my experience.

Oz, it wasn't so at Happo last Thursday. Although the whole hill was ridable, most of it was roped off and only about 4 lifts were running. There was no big sign up saying 'Only 1/4 usable' which I think would only have been fair.

Did anybody go there at the weekend, and was it all open?

Ocean I understand thatit was rideable but to open the mpuntain with nopeople costs alot of money. Can I ask how long was the lift line if there wasnt one then Iwould say they that they could not justify the cost. remember this time last year there was one run period

There was no lift line at all. But the snow was chopped to bits by lunchtime. There was one run that had perhaps been groomed, maybe the day before. So the ungroomed slopes that had received 20 cm or more snow were a real challenge to ride (I enjoyed it, but many others were having what appeared to be a horrible time). I think the resort had made savings by not grooming.

They just need to be more upfront about what you're getting for your money, and offer a credible reason. And err on the side of giving you value if they can.

Ok gottcha. Resorts in Japan and Japan as a whole still dont understand customer service. I think we all know it. There is nothing that we can do to change it, they have to do it themselves. Again we all know that, takes foreveerrrr.

I dont like gromming everything. Most steep places are packed by riders. I find its better that way the powder is lighter.

When you groom with only a little bit of snow you can snag a rock a destory the groomers tiller. (very expensive) so most resorts will track pack which means no tiller just pushing and flatting the base.