Cool, where will the truck be? Might be a good place to hit at New Year. Do u think they'll be listening to the bells there? (mmmh, p'rhaps not). Thats the one thing bout Niseko...friends and I walked about for ages trying to find signs of life 8well actually an Otaru beer) There were a couple of bars but with the usual gaijin fare of foreign beers or just asahi or kirin.  

Just the job for a yo-nige(*)! Don't have to leave the supplies behind either. A fine solution!

Until 1991 maybe, Osaka used to have a bar in a Red London bus. It was in Douyama, over near where that Zombie Palace place was.

Anyway, top marks for innovation. Where there's a will, there's a way, it would seem.

(*) yo-nige=doing a runner at night to escape debt. More common than you'd think.

Sharon,

The guys have told me there will be a countdown party but instead of bells they have a piper.

The truck is right in the centre of the village, just around the corner from Mina Mina

(formerly "Spirits")

Enjoy!

A'right Mackeko. 2 weeks to go and Am now online, and find I've got a mention on the forum site you sent me (swift work boss). Got the pipes warmed up and raring to go. Checked out the Lorry-bar, it looks pretty smart. Don't put me down as the designated driver!

Looking forward to hitting the slopes and checking out the local scenery, its got to be better than dreary old jockland.

Hope to meet some of the people I've been tapping into on this forum too! If you see a guy looking lost, suppress the laughter and point me to the nearest powder.

• 1 month later...