• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna try and keep it under an hour... prolly 40-50 minutes... don't want anyone getting bored... most segments are between 2 and 3 1/2 minutes... they'll be a bit of a montage of people who didn't have enough footage for a segment of their own... other stuff too... all the clips on snowjapan will be included as extras on the menu page of the dvd...

Also good use of chairlifts. Ive been thinking about certain lines and thinking about doing the same thing. The big problem is in timing. Waisting alot of time to set up and having people poach or patrol stop you.

the chairlift filming is super easy if you have radios... basically, all filming is made a million times easier with radios ;\)

thunderpants, i'm not quite sure what you mean by horizontal stribes? confused.gif sorry, i just use the software, i'm not really up with the lingo \:D

aha! i think i know what you mean by the horizontal stribes... that's just a result of having converted the clip to a media player file for broadband streaming... so the clip is super low quality compared to what it really is. simply exporting the movie or converting it to a dvd format results in a crystal clear image - but of course way way to big to stick on snow japan... and i'm not too worried about quality for the clips here, just size so i'm able to post them, but thanks for the advice \:D

fat twins... have them wait in a place that's not dame and then have them ski to the place when you're in position. a little practice and it's easy. we definately have some no no places in our movie, sometimes you miss the shot, but most of the time, you get some useable or great footage... we only had time to try it a few times...

about interlace..

read here

http://www.puremotion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4912&highlight=deinterlace

but you need the original DV clip to do it, formats already converted to computer standards is already coded withhorizontal stribes.

You see them most clearly when camera pans horizontally

BTW i will once again recommend editstudio from http://www.puremotion.com

I know I should go and search other forums for this info but you sound like you might know...

Is deinterlacing only an advantage for playback on a computer screen?

My goal is to conver the final product to MPEG2 and then to dvd and will likely be watched on regular TVs.

Will deinterlacing (and or using cinelook and making it 24fps) be of any use if it is to be played back on a regular TV.

• 4 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I have radios. The spots I want to video at are too bustable to have mates camping out waiting for the call.
I know where your talking
The straightline under the gondola that was staring me down last year

thus we might just have to do it and just run to the cars. The cameraman is safe enough and you wont be back for 07 anyways. strike up a plan we are set to go.

We will time the gondola and the lifts and set a plan in motion.

a good camera and as importantly a good jacket. A good jacket has a convenient pocket acccesable from the outside so you can whip it out (the camera) and film at a moments notice and put it away again as quickly.