well, during the nz season, we'll mostly be living off savings, but any relief teaching work i can pick up, survey work the captain can pick up and anything else would definately help... but we aren't too worried... can stay in nana and poppa's caravan at the local holiday park or possible a relative's crib... it's for less than 3 months, and then to canada where we will definatley work during the ski season...

vids... we'll have to see if i have time... at the moment, i am home alone from 4:30 to 9:30pm every night, so i have time on my hands... but i'll try if people are keen to see more vids...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much chance of a spring touring vid as we wont be doing any. My parents have been visiting for a few weeks so we didnt really get much skiing in. I think we will be sending alot of our ski gear home with them so there wont be much skiing after they leave either.

Back home we will be fairly busy but I will do some work if I can get some. I have a few courses I want to do and so does Shimba.

• 4 weeks later...

we made one last year and are making one this year. 2 years ago we were jsut playing with the digicam and then decided to get a vid camera.

Siem does most of the editing and I do alot of the filming and encoding etc...

The people who are in it get to see it at a ski movie party next month and they get a dvd too.

Its pretty fun - you should make one.

these days, captain stag just watches the vids as they are made like everyone else... he's got his hands full battling the bugs invading our computer...

i'll export the beginning of the movie tonight and send it in... snowjapan, can i send one in that's bigger this time... last one for the season, and it's the full intro to our movie... minus any effects or titles... i'm still playing with it, but this will prolly be the last time i take time out of making the movie to let the computer export... ;\)

as with most of the places I have been in Japan the steeper the line the shorter it is - you can choose the super long but not so steep or you can go for shorter and steeper.

Im pretty crap at guessing this sort of thing but...

the hill has 500metres vert - it you waste 1/2 of that getting to and from steep bits then you have 250 - 300 metres vert. less for the distant ones mpre for the closer ones depending on if you want to walk or not.

What do you reccon Plucky?