• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the files but they are already compressed as .wmv files. I cant compress files that are already compressed without making them too bad to watch.

Is it possible for me to get hold of the file before it is compressed, i.e in DV format. It should be quite big, a few hundred megs.

just sent in another little vid of the last of the decent geto snow and the last day they had the pipe open at appi... that was the weekend before last...

last weekend's vid is in the works now (the hard drive died on 5 separate occasions yesterday, so i gave up and tried again today mad.gif lol.gif )

Thanks!

i also just sent in another little vid. a bit repetitive, but there's not much when there's only one person jumping and the snow's not so flash... captain stag and many many angles to compensate for the lack of stuff in the park at geto...

Shimba nice vids again but I really didnt like the music choice on the satg park vid. I always like your music but I just didnt like that one.

Wait till stag sees a real pipe in NZ cause that appi thing bites butts.

the appi pipe was a lot bigger in real life... all our friends were suprised at how small it looked... captain stags already seen the pipes back home. the resort we are heading to for the season has 4 pipes, one of them a superpipe...oh, just had a look at the vid.. some of the pipe shots were in the baby pipe for beginners...

as for the music... after you have spent more hours than should be necessary editing two separate little vids, rendering, exporting and everything else, believe me, choosing a song can sometimes be more than you want to be bothered with " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> i didn't think that song fit very well either, but i just wanted to get the thing up online...

just sent in another vid of the weekend - pretty similar footage to last week i suppose, but you can only do so much when the park is small and captain stag doesn't try that 720 ;\) ... off to sumikawa snowpark in miyagi next weekend, so hopefully a bumper vid then with lots of new skiers

well, you all must be sick of my vids by now, but that's ok, i'm sure the people in them still want to see them lol.gif to tell you the truth, i may be getting a wee bit sick of making them, mainly cos i really should get working on the full length ski movie since i've got loads of tapes to still capture and footage to sort before the ski movie party/farewell just before we leave japan. on the other hand, these vids will make great extras (at full quality, not the low quality you guys see) for the dvd menu page \:D

• 2 weeks later...

well, we had our last day ever at geto yesterday... a bit sad after three seasons of fun... but there was still plenty of snow and we had fun ripping around the place - but on to the topic here, prolly no more vids from me this year... unless i decide to whip off a small portions of the big movie... getting ready to go home, where we will be too poor to have adsl internet (well, not poor, but jobless for a season) wave.gif