Jap rap - you lucky thing!! I would be happy to hear something / anything from the 90s even. Although I did hear "danger zone" or whatever the top gun song is called the other day, that must be the most modern song iv heard there. If only I could get them to play eye of the tiger - though there may be too many injuries with every one on the hill psykin up too much and going too hard.

J-Pop is staying whether you like it or not. Just ignore and concentrate on whatever you came out to do in the first place if you don`t fancy the music. \:\) Personally I`ve gotten used to it..hey, think of it as part of your Japanese skiing/boarding experience. When I was up in Goryu/47 a few weeks ago it was "retro" day(tunes from the late 80s and early 90s)! No Mo-musu..wow!

I gotta say it (blasting music in the snow) is the dumbest most pathetic thing I have ever encountered. It must be popular, why else would they all be playing music?

I had read all about it but when I went for teh first time it really blew me away. It is bad music, loud and all over the mountain.

Such is life.