SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wellyz

Niseko United vs individual lift tickets

Question

Hi!

Just looking at the lift tickets for Niseko.

The individual ones are a fair bit cheaper than Niseko United. Can someone tell me the benefit of going United rather than individual? Seems to me it would be best to buy individual and spend that particular day in that area - certainly looks good enough to keep you occupied!

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

There is plenty to enjoy in one area for well over a day, so I would recommend you buy the individual ticket.

May I ask if you are a beginner or expert skier?

For example I would personally find it too limited and maybe even boring with only one area pass. However if it is windy and they close down all the connection lifts then you may think that the extra money was unnecessary.

However, in Niseko I would recommend the Freedom to ski where ever you want. Both intermediate and expert skiiers. Only beginners could consider the day passes.

The reason I recommend Niseko all mountain is because if one spend enormous of money on - Flights, Trains, Hotels, Ski equipment. And your valuable Time. Then the extra lift pass is worth a little bit extra money.

I can see that point of view, but horses for courses etc.

I know many people who have come here and would have saved a chunk by going with individual areas.

This is just a question of what you want vs how much you want to spend. 
Niseko isn't that big, so being able to move among the three ticket zones gives you flexibility to ski where/when you want and take advantage of better snow or weather or shorter lift lines.

You also get free United Shuttle rides, which could pretty much close the price gap if (for example) you're staying at Annupuri but the gondola is closed by wind so you bus to Hirafu to ski, then back to lodgings at Annupuri and again bus to Hirafu for dinner/return. Don't laugh, I know people who've done that.

Also, there are ways to get discounts on all-mountain lift tix; do some research.

But if weather is bad, the top lifts are all closed, and you're happy skiing at whichever zone is closest, then by all means opt for single-zone tix.

There's no right or wrong here, just your own decision on what works best for you.

Yes, I absolutely agree with Slippery Jim. No right or wrong. Instead optimize for your situation.

• 1 Day Niseko United 8000 Yen
  • 1 Day Hirafu 6200 Yen

But since flights from Europe to Japan including all kinds of transfers could be at least 100.000 Yen. Well an extra 1.800 Yen is cheap for flexibility.

Or a flight from Tokio plus all kinds of transfers could be 30.000 Yen. But your valuable time is worth how much? Still 1.8000 Yen is very little extra. enjoy.