It looks like my last response got pulled - I think I rose to your challenge though. Probably not PC enough.

Tell you what though Sharon... When the 'skijo' are no longer called 'skijo', and when the info on the resorts on this site drop the 'Snowboarder OK?' line, then I'll 'Give it up and get on.' Otherwise, forget it.

Nothing personal mind...

I saw it b4 it got pulled, I'm just wondering why urs got pulled and klubheads didn't.

Can't u lay the blame on the resort managers rather than the skiers though? I chose skiing coz I went with skiers the first time. It's still only my 3rd season and I will probably try snowboarding soon, but I don't think it's MY fault that some resorts are ski only. In fact it's probably only a matter of time b4 we see snowboarder only places. Or that they will just be fully integrated snow playgrounds...especially with all the hybrid snow boards, fun skis, snow scooter thingies etc.

Just if u keep insulting skiers, u r insulting quite a few forum members too, which may end up with the forum being divided.....quite the opposite from what u want at the resorts, I think.

Sharon,

I don't really see your point.

Boarders are 'single plankers', and skiers are 'double plankers'. I added a thumbs down to the post to indicate my lack of interest and appreciation of the particular resort in question (just a personal thing - it's their choice to focus their offering and it's fine if they want to do that.) I don't see why you would take offence and go calling me PC (I didn't get that either...)

I can only suggest that you don't take it as a personal affront to you and your dignity, because it isn't meant as such.

I am a skier and I don't feel offended by what Ocean said. But I guess that doesn't count very much since I got a private email from deebee calling me a "C......" and wasn't offended.

This is just my $0.02 but all I am suggesting is that is people read these forums with a light heart, they might enjoy it more.

My comment was based on months of reading Oceans remarks, not this particular one. U have in the past, made remarks which are against skiers and, whilst this one was very tame, I did kind of feel - Oh here we go again! I can't be bothered to dig up the past and my point was merely that skiers and boarders are all part of this forum and all enjoy the same season. If u (Ocean) feel this is unfair and that u never make any negative references to skiers, then I have obviously read ur previous postings wrongly and therefore duly apologise.

Man you people. How many people here would'nt ride with a bud just because they skied or rode a board. If so you are missing the point. The point is so pure and so simple, enjoy the mountain and its pleasures. I for one like to ski with people who can push me to be better, in a lot of cases those people ride.

When Im sking across the flats (ie Cortina) and I see a boarder struggling then I tow them, why because I want them to enjoy the mountains, and maybe make someones day better.

I belive any resort that doesnt allow boarding or in the future sking is missing the point.

Not allowing boarders isnt a sign of being open minded which means that those resorts are not likely to have terrain parks, pipes or be loose about letting people go in the trees. do you really want to go there anyway? I would probley skip it and im allowed to go there.

Quote:

jezzus mate, you didn't have to tell the world! You were, quite literally, asking for it!!!

Funny, that's sounds like my ex just before she left me, and the one before as well.

Hmmmmm, maybe I should keep our relationship more discreet. I don't want to lose you too!

Back to the more important topic here - the snow and opening of Shiga Kogen and most likely the Yokoteyama Part. I went up there last yr and my buddy had a snowboard and they wouldn't let him ride except on a little beginner lift. It was absolutely pathetic. For you snowboarders out there - you are missing nothing by not being allowed to board there. The owners of that part of Shiga Kogen are doing you a favor because that place blows - unless you are interested in skiing 200m vertical runs. Place doesn't compare to anything in Hakuba....Anybody go to Hakuba 47 over the weekend - and how was it. Looking forward to getting up there.