Loads of snow in Shimane and Daisen is covered already!

Just took a business trip to Shimane and Tottori and was amazed to see Daisen half covered in snow - not skimpy either as I was a fair distance away.

But that was nothing to taking the bus from Izumo to Hiroshima and there was snow all over the place and falling heavily. The houses, trees and cars were covered and I was even worried about getting back!

It felt like jan/feb....not the first part of November!!! Is this a good omen? Might the Hiroshima and Shimane resorts even have a reasonable season? (perhaps not,eh?)

dunno. I've only been in Hiroshima for a year and last year took trips to Hokkaido and Tohoku with friends from Osaka and Tokyo. Will look at going to Geihoku or Mizuho Highlands if the snow is promising. Nothing to write home about is what I've heard though, especially last year. But the pics in the snow mags (for the Chugoku area) always show quite a bit of snow for the resorts. Theres even little charts with how much snow they usually get in each month and some of them boast a fair bit. Not been though so I can't help, but there seem to be quite a few folk from Hiroshima on here who could give more info....Talisker, Yukis Passion?

I wouldnt bother coming unless u live in Kansai and even then only south west. If I lived in Osaka or east, I wouldnt bother.

Yeah, the resorts here are nothing to write home about but can be quite decent with good dumps of snow to cover the artifical. I usually go to Osorakan and Ohira(Geihoku Kokusai). Mizuho is great too just because of the park(halfpipe, a few tabletops, rails, and a spine... I think the snow quality is best at osorakan but it just so damn hard to get to. Like Sharon said unless you live close dont bother. There always seems to be a good crew from Fukuoka and Oita up there. Is that anybody on this board??

Yes - it can dump "big" time in Shimane/Hiroshima. Just the (ir)regularity can be frustrating. Last year, Dec. 28/29/30 spent 2 full days at Mizuho on a 100+cm base and calf deep powder drifts. These holy conditions improved over the new year to unfortunately be seriously eroded (read f***ed) in the great wet warm that cast it's spell over much of Japan this Jan?Feb. Last season friends from here(the west)had 2 long and expensive drives to better terrain in Shiga and Nozawa and were greeted by the slops both times. So if you live in the region, follow the sites/home pages and become familiar with the western and localized weather patterns. I've known Geihoku to have rain, while fluffy stuff is guts-ing at Mizuho. If so, you can enjoy many blissful days. Just as a matter of mild interest check out the website for the little dinky course of Ikawa in Tokushima and check out todays live cam shots(all in Japanese). 30cm yesterday to top up their trojan effort in snow making. They will open in 12 days. \:D