SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nigem

Hakuba Goryu or Hakuba 47?

Question

What's your choice of starting base for the Goryu/47 resort and why?  Wondering which might be the best to start from.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I prefer 47.

Reasons:

I prefer that part of the mountain and spend more time on that side. Seems less busy too when I have been and I have always been able to part fairly close to base and get going quickly.

Unlike 47, there is a lot of accommodation close to the base of Hakuba Goryu (between Kamishiro Station and the base). So lots of people walk up to the lifts as well as coming by bus/car.

I'm with nagpants.

When we have been we always start off at Hakuba 47. Don't really go down much to the Toomi base area of Hakuba Goryu at all; mostly staying up top or on the Hakuba 47 side.

We were staying about 5 minute walk from the Goryu base so we used that. After the top area, I enjoyed the 47 side more but it’s a great all round place and we hope to be back.

I don't think that was in question. Though good to make a note of.

Personally I also prefer the 47 side.

I liked 'the top bit'. But I am unsure as to which ski hill it belongs too. Doesn't matter to the skier though with the joint ticket.

Always interested how they split revenues.....