SnowJapan Community
BennyRaves

Best place to buy a Snowboard in Niseko

Question

Hey guys.¬†Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this! Feel free to move if necessary ūüėÉ

I'm heading to Niseko mid to late March and I'm looking to buy a board rather than rent as myself and a few mates are planning on making Niseko an annual trip! I know there are a few stores in town where you can rent boards, but I can't seem to find too much on purchasing my own one. Would it be worth taking a trip to Kutchan? Or will I have more luck staying in Niseko?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

Hello Benny

Thanks for using our website.

There are a few places within our website that might be able to help you:
https://www.snowjapan.com/community/index.php?/forum/51-services/

I hope your hunt for a board goes well!

Important related side note:

It is a long and winding story that I cannot get into here and now, but we generally intend this new Q&A section to be for general questions about Japan winter sports - rather than for people to be asking for info on / about specific companies and services.

We have in the past got deep into that kind of territory when we had open Forums and it caused all sorts of issues that we do not have the time to deal with. With this new set up we very much need to avoid that kind of thing. I know that might not be seen as a satisfactory explanation but that's the situation here.

Thank you.

Not Niseko-specific, but:

I would personally totally recommend that you buy a snowboard before you go to a ski resort area. You are going to be paying a premium if you buy at a ski resort - and you surely won't have the same choice either. There may be some exceptions (ie. special sale or whatever), but they won't be the norm.