Did the early snow bring our hopes up too high?

\:\(

To the point, WHEN WILL IT SNOW AGAIN? It kinda feels like that spring-feeling for some strange reason. And the season hasn't started yet properly. confused.gif

No, for those of us who were smart enough to realize that the snow that has been falling is actually real snow, in spite of being November, there's been no 'hasn't started properly' or 'hopes too high' or anything.

But you can wait until January if you really want to...

:rolleyes: confused.gif

You seem to misunderstand. Or probably just want a chance to be sarcy again. Anyhows, I suppose responding is futile but just to clear it up.

Yes I know there was/is snow, but I COULD NOT GO DUE TO COMMITMENTS A FEW WEEKS BACK when it had just fallen. Alas, I couldn't make the most of it back then.

From all accounts the snow now is not exactly killer, with still only a selection of places open. Tell me a place where the snow is ace this coming weekend and I'll be a happy camper.

So I am hoping for a nice new dump of fresh snow to go out and enjoy. Seems the forecasts are not too positive though.

Understand?

Isn't this where the smartasses say...

"You snooze - You lose"

Sorry, guess that makes me one doesn't it...

I understand about commitments but I also understand the need to gloat from time to time...

\:D eek.gif \:D eek.gif \:D eek.gif \:\) \:\)

Ignoring mr grumpy's comments (as I'm sure is the increasingly common thing to do)... after the snow of a few weeks ago there hasn't been much to shout about and we're all hoping to see that great big huge dump to appear and everywhere to open up magically. Just as long as those early-snow-warm-winter people aren't right \:\)

Ah I see. Too bad.

Well, it's probably not great snow for riding at the moment, but unless it all melts in the next few days, there's a decent base at the tops of most places now. That's better than your average November.

Last week's big dump was good. For those of us with several very tolerable days out already, well, as Higuma says...

I just had 3 great days at Hakuba 47 & parts of Goryu. It was snowing nicely up top at the end of yesterday. Just go instead of waiting for it to be perfect would be my suggestion.

Well, for all you kiddies that ain't been out yet from sheer weight of commitments or simple disbelief, it looks like there may be some snow over the coming weekend. And it's December so everybody can go with a clear conscience.

I don`t know what the pessimists are talking about here -

I have been out 6 days already - tomorrow and thursday are going to be 7 and 8, and all of the days I have been out so far have been great - lots of powder turns every day.

And yes last weeks dump was massive - at least 40 cm. AT LEAST ! ! !

I would have gone 4 days last week instead of just 3 but my legs were wrecked from all the pow. cool.gif

well yeah, no snowboarding today - and on my day off as well, but there was a good reason.

yesterday was terrible - Hakuba changed from what was the best conditions I`ve ever ridden, to some of the worst - it was a total washout.

raining hard mad.gif saw lots of injuries, and couldnn`t even see through my goggles, but still rode till i stopped. ;\)

but so as not to dwell, let`s just hope that the approaching weather pattern makes next week the triple-official start of this season.

peace to all

and oh yeah, proudaya deebs, 180 ollies and all that. you should have this sh$t down by midseason.

:p

cheers barok,

i was being pretty casual when I called it a 180 ollie. It was more like my board was off the ground and I spun around 180 degrees. It was such an unco fluke and after so many crashes that I am not even going to dare to claim that I can do one!

maybe the early snow didnt raise hopes but it certianly whet appetites. Thats the worst part, once youve had a taste of how good it can be and then theres all the icy crap around at the moment. Lets hope the snow dumps as forecast.