PS Nice photo Mogski, where do you work?

There's more snow on the ground where I am (at home in Itabashi-ku), looking out my window to a backstreet and lots of trees and some parked cars. No digital camera, sorry....)

Working in Minato-ku close to Inter FM studios. The ground(?)/concrete is wet so and the snow heavy too so not settling, but the stuff at home in Nerima was building up nicely when I left this morning at 8am.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
Usually Tokyo gets about 2-3 dumps a season, though the last 4-5 years has been less. It's kinda similar to the Blue Mountains without the wind chill factor (if you're from around that area in Oz).
Ah ok, thanks for the comparison sunrise. Although i don't know that the Blue Mtns would ever have a fall the size of the one that Tokyo seems to be having at the moment, heck our snow fields don't even see snow fall all that often!

Originally posted by snowboard_freak:

Quote:
Ah ok, thanks for the comparison sunrise. Although i don't know that the Blue Mtns would ever have a fall the size of the one that Tokyo seems to be having at the moment, heck our snow fields don't even see snow fall all that often!
Well the upper Blue mtns sure used to when I lived there (from around 1986-91).

Don't know how the Oz ski slopes are doing these days, though. The last time I saw a ski season in Oz was in 1991 - I had a 6 week piano bar gig at the Valley Inn Hotel at Perisher. (the occasional advantages of being a muso)

Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
Working in Minato-ku close to Inter FM studios. The ground(?)/concrete is wet so and the snow heavy too so not settling, but the stuff at home in Nerima was building up nicely when I left this morning at 8am.
I'm not so far from Nerima, Hikawadai's my closest on that line, though a bit of a hike to get to.

Uh oh, seems to have stopped snowing here and has moved into very light rain/sleet. Hurry home or you'll miss it....