My fellow boarding buddy on his way back from Nekoma(he went w/o me, that bastard!)right this moment just told me it`s snowing hekka lot throughout Tohoku Highway. Hopefully that`ll translate into some decent pow for all the ski areas around here..CUZ I`m going tomorrow! ;\)

hell yes!! (at least in my opinion)

1. powder - never seen the real thing before, up to 2 foot deep in parts (the drifts) and 1 foot on the flat. Never seen snow like it. I shudder to think what a real powder day is like. This stuff is sureal. I am going to have to dedicate a new thread to the powder.

2. trees - smashing through those little pines is a buzz.

3. weight on the front foot - the light has been turned on for me. Something just happened today. Almost no edge catches, red runs not a problem (not blue). Control of speed and positioning on the slope, even managed to negotiate baby moguls.

4. Injuries - not one.

5. crowds - never, ever, ever seen so many people. It took two hours to get to the top of 47 (1 gondola, 2 chairs). Thought stuff this crowded green run, lets hope for better on the blue. Spent the whole day riding the twin double chair on the far left of goryu (looking up hill). Thats where the trees where, further to the right (when coming downhill) of the little hut at the top. On this lift I did not queue once, which was an awesome turn around from the horror crowd encountered getting up the mountain.

6. Salomon Malamutes - how can a boot make so much difference? Barely an ache at all. Only my front foot and that was 'cause the poor puppy didn't get unstrapped for about 3 hours. Well, not quite true, I had to walk my way out of a few dead end thick clumps of trees and powder a few times.

7. soba - why is soba in the mountains always so good? The meal I had waiting for the bus was spot on.

8. kept on snowing all day so the worn out parts (pretty icy underneath an all) maintained a nice fluffiness and got better as the day went on.

Gotta have a shower, I stink.

Now about 2-3cm of heavy powder on the roofs and the cars outside!

Time to get the shovel out, make a kicker and pratice them jumps!

What the hell am I doing still up! Must got to bed or I will not grow. Growing kids get their sleep!

Snow glorious snow! About 5cm of sweet powder snow lying on the roofs and on the ground. Cars driving at 5kmh because they rarely see the stuff. Me wondering how I can get from Tokyo to a ski field tomorrow or wednesday... Taking the day off isn't a problem, I'm already feeling a (cough) (cough) bit of a cold coming on...

This is such a waste of a wonderful natural resource!

Don't fall here! Fall in the mountains little white stuff!!!

Perhaps we should have a TOKYO NOW page? \:D

howyas goin? snow, glorious snow!!! let it snow enywhere i say. if it`S snowin in tha cities, it`s gotta be pukin it`s guts out in tha hills. this morning there was 13-15cms. on tha roof of me car!!!

school has just finished so i`m goin to me local park to build a ramp and set up a rail.

up until yesterday i wasn`t keen to go, partly due to tha fact that i carryin a bit of an injury. but now after spendin tha last two hours shovelin tha stuff, (so tha kids can get their bikes out of tha parkin o.k) all i wanna do is go ride. it`s amazing what a little bit of white stuff can do to ya!- nudge nudge, wink wink ;\)

freaky, usally only snows a cuppla times a year in tha big T. but never usually this early and it doesn`t usally lie on tha ground as snow. god i hope i get a white chrissy like i did two years ago.

The very crappy and out-of-place palm tree in my front 'yard' (literally) has snow on it. Now it looks even more out of place.

There was 5cm on the ground when I woke up and my dog was haviung a ball trying to catch teh flakes in his mouth. he has never seen snow before. A very special day for the young boy.

great pic moggy, luv ya work! wish i could show ya tha photo i took this mornin where i put tha ruler in tha snow on tha roof of me car. modern technology- ****** marvelous!

hey d.b. your dog should get out a bit more often. uno, go and travel a bit and see tha world.

rater.

sorry for sayin somthin ya might get if ya bump ya nose!

Quote:
Originally posted by powwwers:
ruler in tha snow on tha roof of me car. modern technology- ****** marvelous!
Wanted to do something like this when I was taking the photos this morning, but I looked a big enough tosser running around outside in a suit and slippers as it was. \:D