Wow this has gotta be the quietest I have ever seen the board in a 24hr period of time. Everyone out in the snow?

So I am thinking about getting an avalanche tranceiver. Has anyone actually ever had to use one? How did it go? Anything I should watch out for?

Yeah its cold but here is some transceiver info.

I have 2 one is survival on Snow good range one of the bestfor that, but analog meaning sound only. Older versions had possible problems in multiple searches but the new version is fixed. That said it does the job at a great price.

I also bought a Mammut Barryvox digital and analog I got a great price so I bought it for the wife. She likes to follow and is good enough now.

Havent used it yet but in tests its so easy it does half the work for you. Good for rookies.

uses sound until you get close then switches to digital to pin point. So many options you have to read the book.

Digital is easier to use I think but anything will do the job if you practice. Remeber its your buddy finding you.

Dont just buy that both a shovel and probe are needed without them you cant do anything.

for more info http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_main_...D=1039608634409