Several times yesterday I tried to let the person that i was about to pass that I was coming through, particularly if it was on the blind side of a boarder (something I have decided to avoid doing as much as I can anyway).

I wasn't very effective with my warnings. The Japanese concoction I came up with was way too much of a mouthful. Shorter variants I suspect just confused the rider that I was directing it at. What is a short and effective way of saying it in Japanese?

I also got a feeling that it seemed like a totally foreign concept. I got some very strange looks. Perhaps that as a kid in Australia you played footy and spent a few hours every week hearing your team mates yelling “on you left!” to let you know that they were there.

I wish more people would do it. I would really appreciate a firm and decisive “passing left!” from people who that are about to pass me, particularly when on my blind side. On a crowded or narrow run it is not always possible to see all people who are uphill of you.

Am I asking too much or is this just a stupid idea?

Giving left or right instructions in any language is a waste of time in a rapidly developing situation, especially when one has to qualify with 'facing up the mountain, or down'.

try OOOOOOIIIIIIIII!

cuppla universal terms in snow parlance are, "skiers left" "skiers right".

if both peeps are facing in tha same direction this shouldn`t be too difficult to grasp.

hey d.b. ya could try "kimasu" or the less favored but `better` of tha two, "iku, iku"

good luck ol` son. \:D

I am learning every day. cheers ocean.

hey powwers, my little mut dig already cost me a round the world ticket to get him here so he can stay put for a while. After all, he is only 2 years old.