Been there every year for the last three. It`s a nice place(big enough, enough course variety)and has good pow. It`s only about a 90 min commute by bus from Sapporo(way closer than Niseko). The only thing I don`t like about the place is the fact that this ski area is sort of a "resort" with its own hotels so expect LOTS of people(many inexperienced w/o manner), especially on weekends. Oh, and it`s a bit on the expensive side too(rental&stuff). But a good place overall.

Yes, Kiroro is near Otaru, my favourite town in Hokkaido. Because it's situated near the coast, it gets tons of snow first before Niseko and Rusutsu get the leftovers. The Yamaha resort runs two hotels there- Piano Hotel and Mountain Hotel. Just the name "Piano Hotel" is enough to draw me there. Maybe it might be of interest to Sunrise too. I hope to go this Easter.

Although most of the courses are relatively tame, there are some challenging runs....well, at least for me.

The bottom left of the trail map is almost flat for around 600m. The gondola run comes out on this bit so its hard to avoid. Flat and powder are not a good mix.

The Hotel Piano is very nice, and not too expensive if you go in a package. The whole place is a resort though, and doesn't have the character you get in a normal town or village.