Quote:
Originally posted by deebee:
jeepers! 79cm of new snow overnight in Arai.

How do you open the front door to your house in the morning?
How do you open the door to your resort in the morning? Oh, that's right, you don't...

On the road into/out of Arai, there's an onsen that's seemed to have people staying in it. No rotemburo, but the bath is a lot cheaper than the Arai spa. Ask the tourist people.

yes, they have opened, but I only found out by accidently noticing on the SJ resort info page (thankyou SJ people). There wasnt even mention of it on the NOW! page (not the fault of SJ people). I can only assume that the NOW! correspondent doesnt actually work for the resort. I checked the english website but it is still under construction.

That place is so funny.

There's currently loads of information available on the site except for the most important point that HELLO, WE'VE OPENED AT LAST! Going to the site for the first time, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it's just an empty shell, until you click on the links and find that it's not actually under construction, but has been fully constructed except of some crucial, current information.

And all the text is written from the point of view of skiers. "Kindly don't ski here ...", "For the advanced skier ...", "Have a great day skiing ..." I thought they got quite a few boarders up there...

Check this out for some good skiing fun;

http://www.araimt.com/english/gelande/index.html

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, it must be really hard getting something like this right. Actually, no I'm not sorry at all, it's pathetic.