All the pockets cause me distress. I am not organised and having a multitude of places to put things doesnt help.

for smokers I should also add to oceans list a mini ashtray to carry away your buts. I am guilty of not having one.

What I take to the resort with me:

Board (2 from the start of the new season)

2 pairs boots (1 pair soft one pair Rossignol hybrid)

3 pairs gloves

2 pairs wrist guards

2 pairs goggles

2 beanies

Ski jacket

Ski pants

Hiking boots

Usual apre ski clothing

What I have while on the slopes:

Board tool (with special hex head driver for the funky screws on my boards)

cash

Lip balm/gloss/SPF30

cash

tissues

cash

Sudafed

cash

mobile phone

more cash

Sometimes take a backpack with munchies, camera, first aid kit, MagLite, thermal blanket, rope and water if I'm off with a bunch of people or going off-piste.

I would add sunblock for when its sunny and a clear lens for more typical Hakuba weather. Provided its in range (never had probs in Hakuba) the ol' mobile phone is also useful for keeping up with your mates.

I've never had any problems with sunburn. My head protection pretty much keeps the rays out, but even before I got all of that, I didn't notice sunburn. Odd really, because I've seen other people developing serious red patches.

I saw some people getting about with big shovels the other day. Come 4 pm, they were digging a pit - right in front of the ticket office.

Thats a hellavalot of stuff you take. But you should also take a shovel in your car incase the resort is closed because of strong winds at the top of the gondolas and you are forced to build a kicker for your entertainment and then after 2 hours of building the biggest best jump you have ever made the lifts start operating and the ski patrol come and tell you that you have to break down your jump becoase the resorts open now and people will "copy your trick" and break themselves but you ask nisely and he lets you hit the jump for an hour or two if you dont let anyone elece use it before you have to break it down what a good guy.

so dont forget your shovel.

After I strained (I dont think it is torn, but it hurts)a ligament at the top of my right quad. I realised that it woudl be great to have a little bag to fill with snow to be then placed right on the injury.

Quote:
Originally posted by NoFakie:
I would add sunblock for when its sunny ...
Oh yeah, I forgot about that because I carry it with me all the time.

Add:
SPF 15 moisturiser
SPF 30 sunblock
SPF 15 zinc cream blockout (to cover sunspots there from not using sunblock)

Oh, and don't just wear it when it is sunny, you get just as burnt if it is cloudy.